Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Christmas 2014 Home Tour

Welcome to our home for Christmas 2014. 

First up is the Christmas tree in our living room. I love Christmas trees more than any other Christmas decoration. This year's tree sports a new topper. My son says it makes it look like a "Harry Potter" tree, so we named the owl Hedwig.




Close ups of the tree. I love new and old ornaments. There are several "vintage" ones from both my husband and my childhood trees in this picture.




In this living room, I keep the decorations other than the tree delegated to the bookcases to keep clutter down.







Dining Room


Christmas china is Kent "Silver Pine".
Silver is "Waltz of Spring by Wallace.

I have been working on the Christmas table for our Christmas Eve dinner.






The kitchen gets minimal decorations. I really live and work in there, and it is the room that is easily the drop off zone, so I work very hard to keep it tidy for cooking.


I cross stitched this over 25 years ago.


The formal living area is a "billiards room." Does that make it sound better? Truth is I knew we would never go in there if it were just a sitting room.



Between this area and the dining room is a long hallway open to all areas of the main floor. I have an Auburn tree here. War Eagle!!!


My bathroom and bedroom get a few touches.







The guest bathroom.




My sewing room got a vintage Christmas tree.

This was given to my mom by a friend back in the early 1970's. I snitched from a few years ago. I have loved wrapping presents this year in my new sewing/craft room by its glow.

That concludes the tour. 
May we adore the One who came to be our Savior.

Hope you have a blessed Christmas.
Sandy


Linking up with Dixie Delights and the 12 Days of Christmas Home Tours.




No comments:

Post a Comment

I am so glad you stopped by my little blog. Drop in again anytime.
Sincerely,
Sandy