Thursday, January 29, 2015

January Update

January has proved to be fruitful in some ways and quite challenging in others.

First up on the update.... how I am doing on my goals for 2015.

I posted about my goals for the year here. I made a general goal list, project list, cleaning and organizing schedule, etc. I think writing those things down is very good for me. As a former school teacher, I know I always like to plan out things on paper to guide my instruction over the course of the school year. I always kept that in my plan book and referred to it often to keep me on track.

One of the many lists I made in my planner.



Now for the progress on my goals. 
SEWING: I have started a project for a friend, but really more practice for me than anything, but I got sidetracked on it. Bottom line, I haven't had much time for sewing (more on the reason why later).

The only project I have touched.

COOKING: I have done fair on this one. I do have a few recipes picked out to try very soon.

CLEANING SCHEDULE: This one is a kind of winner. I have found that I do very well with that printed cleaning plan. Must be like having a lesson plan on my desk!!! If a distraction happens that gets me off schedule, I try to pick back up and get back on track much like I would have done in the classroom. Bottom line, I think it is working for me because I am thinking of it as my work. 

I love my everyday tasks. I sort of think of them like the things that I would never skip in the classroom (daily math review). I also love my daily cleaning schedule. I go down the list and pick up on the next day if something happens which it does!!!



ORGANIZING: I am working on that bit by bit trying really hard not to stress over things. Rome wasn't built in a day kind of thing. I have picked a few things to work on such as photos and have done well there and am trying to do the room by room weekly challenge at A Bowl Full of Lemons. I was doing well until Week 4 (this week) and here it is Thursday, and I haven't been home to even start this challenge.

My photo organization is slow but steady. I am taking all of the loose photos that I placed in bins and slowly adding them to albums. I am only starting with those that I know who the photos are of. I am using regular sized 3 ring notebooks, tagboard, the old fashioned photo corners, and page protectors. Hopefully, the closet will one day be a collection of photos in labeled albums that anyone can open up and pull the one out they want to look at. I will then occasionally leave one out of the coffee table for  a month to look at and rotate them out. I want to enjoy them.



Lots more ideas floating around in my old head.

READING: I have kept on schedule with my reading. It never ceases to amaze me how truly the Word of God is alive. It doesn't matter what passage I read, just that I am faithful to open His Word. He always has a message for me.
I am also reading other things as well. Currently, I am reading George Washington's Secret Six by Brian Kilmeade. I really enjoyed the History Channel's program on Samuel Adams.

ENJOYING THE CABIN MORE: I will post an update on this one later. I plan to share my little cabin with you. We call the place "Serenity".

SPENDING TIME WITH MAMA: I have been going once a week to her home and spending the day with her. However, she has given me quite a scare. She has nursed a sinus infection since October when she came down sick on a trip with her brothers and sisters on their annual trip to the mountains in the fall. I had to take her at Thanksgiving and Christmas to the immediate care clinic here. She hates taking antibiotics and has failed to finish either of those that have been prescribed to her. I have truly never seen anyone as sensitive to medicines as her. Everything has so many side effects with her. This weekend, my aunt and uncle were with her (PRAISE THE LORD) when her blood pressure shot up to the danger zone. I do think she almost had a stroke. I am so grateful that they got her to the ER in time. We have spent the week in doctor's offices, and I am sure for the next few, we will be doing more of the same.

To sum it all up, I have learned that no matter how much you plan, there will be life's happenings, interruptions, tests, whatever you choose to call them and that we must learn to keep going and not let them overcome us.

I will be back soon, because I have some thoughts I want to get out on blogging, projects that I want to do and share, but first things first....getting Mama well.

Counting my blessings and naming them one by one...
_My daughter is celebrating her 1 year anniversary to the most wonderful man for her.
_That man has a birthday today, and I am so thankful for him.
_Mama has good friends in her town that look out for her.
_I have a wonderful hubby and son who look out for me.
_and many more.

Be back soon,
Sandy





No comments:

Post a Comment

I am so glad you stopped by my little blog. Drop in again anytime.
Sincerely,
Sandy