Monday, June 8, 2015

A Year of Retirement

It has been a full year since I walked away from the classroom and into retirement. I will say it has not been all that I expected, but yet, oh so wonderful too.

With Mama being sick so much and the many trips to her house taking care of business following my step dad's passing, it has been much busier than I had hoped. I had visions of so much leisure time that hasn't quite panned out. However, I am very GRATEFUL that I wasn't teaching and trying to do all that has come about this past 12 months.




I have made an effort to enjoy my morning coffee on the deck and enjoy the great area I live in.

One of the things I haven't been able to do is sew. I have so many things I want to accomplish there, so I am going to try and make an effort to do more of that. The house will never be perfect, so I am going to have to settle for that and put in a bit more time on the things I long to do.


My latest projects have only been monogramming things my daughter has bought to give as shower gifts.


My cross stitch project that I started last June has been a wash. I just lost motivation. Got to work on getting it back.

I am looking forward to the second year of retirement, and I am hoping I can do a better job of living and doing, instead of worrying and fretting.
The latter I have done a little too much of this year.

Blessed and looking forward with anticipation,
Sandy

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am so glad you stopped by my little blog. Drop in again anytime.
Sincerely,
Sandy