Thursday, January 7, 2016

Picked Up a Few Treasures?

Downsizing from a home that you have lived in for such a long time is a daunting task. I may do a post on that topic alone some time as I have lived it for the past two years. When we moved in our current home, it was not empty. We had an estate sale for my in-laws as well, but then there was still all the things you would never sell in an estate sale. Yes, I think I might just share my insights on that one day.

For now, I did pick up two things as a last minute walk out the other day. I have vowed not to pick up anything else, though!

I plan to take these two things to the farmhouse.


The matchbox was in my mom's house by the back door. It always held the garage door remote. I am sure it was a flea market find at some point. I am going to sand it and paint it red.

The scale is missing the front piece of glass, but it cleaned up nicely. Since they are in vogue right now, I think I will use it at the farmhouse.

I guess I am probably just shuffling junk from one place to another.
That too is a post all by itself!!!

Junkin,
Sandy

4 comments:

  1. Sandy I have a similar matchbox that I found at an antique store. It was just like one that my MIL had in her kitchen. It is going to our farm house as well. I would be interested in your thoughts on moving parents things. We are still scratching our heads over where some things went when my inlaws died.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I get some time, I will do a post on that. I am a sentimental person, so I find it hard to get rid of anything.

      Delete
  2. Its okay to hang on to some things. I still regret giving away and selling some of the things from my husband's grandmother. We thought we'd never want them, little things really, not worth much value, but now we would love to have them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so sentimental that my problem is getting rid of anything, yet I don't like a cluttered look. I guess you would say I am the queen of organizing things that I can't let go of. My daughter just shakes her head, and my son is exactly like me.

      Delete

I am so glad you stopped by my little blog. Drop in again anytime.
Sincerely,
Sandy