Friday, February 19, 2016

Cheering Up My Surroundings

This past fall, I learned that I absolutely can't add too much seasonal decor too early. I am sticking with that lesson. I am learning new ways of adding that bit of seasonal decor that I missed from my classroom without my home becoming my classroom.

No bunnies or shamrocks yet, but I am wishing winter weather away as much as anyone else. It is my least favorite season. I am not wishing the days away though. I am getting older...I want each day to last as long as possible.

I have found that my monthly cross stitch cottages are the perfect thing to add a bit of season in the kitchen. I am almost finished with March.


I shared earlier that I added some flowers to the kitchen table and changed out the napkins in my kitchen so that helped me a bunch. 

I also added some flowers to the foyer table and the dining table. Those simple things have squelched bringing out the bunnies and shamrocks.


I did however succumb to ordering these cute little bunny plates from Pottery Barn. I have fallen in love with adding salad plates to what I already have to add a bit of interest. I think I have all of the seasons covered now with the addition of those bunnies, so no more plates for Sandy!!!


These little bunny plates will be perfect with my blue dinner plates that I already have. I will be using them for Easter. I usually cook my Easter dinner on Saturday, because I serve in the preschool area of my church and it is a full day. I love family celebrations and think they are extremely important. I just don't want to eat out. I love the family around my table.


That is all for today,
Sandy

4 comments:

  1. Those plates are so cute. I put out a few Spring touches, some plates on easels on my buffet. I will wait a bit to put out any more. Although today was a beautiful spring like day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Today was gorgeous also. Signs are spring are here, but I am one of those that thinks we usually get a cold blast before Easter:)

      Delete
  2. Hi Sandy! We have had springy days here in NE TX for awhile now. Blooming tulip trees, azaleas, and daffodils abound. Like you, I agree that if it's not cold now, it will come later. Planting of tomatoes has gotten later and later the past few years. Glad you are feeling much better and that you mother is living close by. (I read every post but almost never comment.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my goodness, I am so honored that you are still reading my ramblings. I hope you are enjoying your retired life. I enjoy recording the good things in life, so happy you find my life interesting. It is always good to know what other teachers are up to. I had such a hard time turning off that school switch, but I am loving the time away finally even if it ended up being much busier than I planned.
      And I guess we all want spring to come, but it IS still February. I am trying really hard not to rush it.

      Delete

I am so glad you stopped by my little blog. Drop in again anytime.
Sincerely,
Sandy