Tuesday, June 14, 2016

Blueberry Fluff

The dessert recipe from this weekend's birthday is called Blueberry Fluff, but any berry can be substituted.



My son likes blackberries, but Hubby has requested strawberries before.

I actually had some really great peaches this weekend, and thought about doing half in peaches and half in blackberries.

The recipe actually calls for a different crust, so I will give you both.

I will start with the original recipe.

1 cup flour (self rising is what I always use)
1/2 butter
1 cup chopped pecans

Work the three ingredients together and pat into a 9X13 dish and bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes or until light brown. Cool.

Then mix...1 - 8 ounce cream cheese and 1 cup of sugar. Mix until smooth. Fold in 1 container of Cool Whip. (I use the mixer for the entire process...just slow the speed for folding in the Cool Whip)/

Spread onto crust.

Then cook...
2 cups of blueberries or any berry
1 cup sugar
1/4 cup water

Cook 15 minutes. Thicken with 1/4 cup cornstarch. During the 15 minutes the fruit will be bubbly...after 15 minutes add cornstarch and make sure it is mixed in well.
Cool.
Spread on cream cheese mixture and refrigerate.

I usually make this the night before I serve it.


Now, for the pretzel crust. Other than the crust everything else is the same.

1 1/2 cups of crushed pretzels. I just do this with my hand. My son doesn't like them finely ground.
Mix with 1/4 cup sugar and 1/2 cup melted butter and pat into 9X13 dish.
Bake at 350 for about 8 minutes.

I will share the fudge icing recipe tomorrow.

Sandy

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am so glad you stopped by my little blog. Drop in again anytime.
Sincerely,
Sandy