Wednesday, June 1, 2016

Ice Cream and Hot Fudge Sauce Recipes

I am sharing my recipe for homemade ice cream. I have been a little leery of sharing recipes...they simply must be really good for me to share. I have a special cookbook with the family's favorites. I should do a lot more sharing of those.

I have made this ice cream for a very long time. I found it many years ago in the cookbook below. I really like it, and it is a big hit in our family.


The cookbook was published in 1984 by the Junior League of Pensacola. I can't remember how I acquired it, although I do like cookbooks, so most likely I just bought it.

It is a good one and a keeper. 


On Memorial Day we made some and prompted me to share.

 ---I know many southern girls have a special recipe for ice cream, so this if for anyone looking for a recipe.



I have a large ice cream freezer, so this fills it up.



I am one of those rare people who doesn't like ice cream unless it is chocolate, so that means chocolate syrup is a must. 

I didn't have any on hand Monday evening, so I turned the page and found a recipe for Hot Fudge Sauce. 

I whipped it up and it was yummy!!!! even with my slight change.

Here it is...same cookbook.



I chose to eliminate the corn syrup since I am trying to refrain from that with my health issue. It was quite tasty even without it, but I am sure it would be really sweet with it.

Enjoy... 
Sandy

This is the picture from the other night. It was the best I had since we were all digging in instead of photographing.




No comments:

Post a Comment

I am so glad you stopped by my little blog. Drop in again anytime.
Sincerely,
Sandy