Thursday, June 2, 2016

June Cottage Cross Stitch

I am finally getting around to sharing the June cottage.




I have to say it is my least favorite OR August will be my least favorite. I have July and August to finish and at the very beginning these two didn't do it for me. I have loved the others and July is awesome.

The problem with June is it doesn't seem like June. I guess the strawberries fit in, but June to me is school's out and beach. Maybe a tire swing or birds singing...I don't know...June just is not right.



August is even more wrong and now that I have thought about it, the cottage for August is far more June. 



I could redo those two and make the August cottage the June cottage and June would be taken care of, but that would leave August with a question mark.

Pondering!!!!

It is not that I don't think of August as beach month, because honestly August was a month when I felt like I needed to hit the beach as much as possible while getting my classroom ready and finishing up the last of undone projects at the house, so the problem is what do I want for August.

In my classroom, it was always a generic month for bulletin boards. The welcome back kind of thing.

I was thinking August needed sunflowers. 

I guess if I could figure out what I thought August should be, I could make June with the August pattern and create something new for August. 

All food for thought...

For now, I am stuck with this one.



I am loving June though... been pretty weather,
Sandy

7 comments:

  1. I often wonder what some designers were thinking Sandy. I change patterns all the time, colors or even borders etc. I often leave off borders because to me they can make some things look too Granny.lol...I am enjoying my Halloween Happy Jack. He just makes me happy to stitch on him. Next will be another Christmas sampler. Some would think I have enough of those but they would be wrong.lol Your stitching is lovely and go ahead and change those patterns you do not like!! I give you permission.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a little time to think about it, but I may do something different...Going to let it sit on me for awhile. I have changed patterns many times though especially colors. I have just enjoyed stitching so much. It was put on the back burner for far too long.

      Delete
    2. I agree Sandy stitching calms me down as nothing else does!! And I love Leslie Anne's idea too. Maybe we should design as well.lol

      Delete
  2. How about adding a tiny flag to the front of the cottage for flag day on June 14th? (Isn't that right? I don't feel like looking it up! - lazy days of summer have begun!).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that is a real possibility because I didn't really dislike the colors. Maybe a tree with a tire swing.

      Delete
  3. Hi Sandy, Visiting with you from Arlene's blog. When I was younger, I loved to cross stitch. (I now have Essential Tremor so I don't sew any longer) but I sure love your and Arlene's projects. My birthday is in August and it is one of those months that I don't know what would represent it best! I wish you a very nice weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you stopped by Mildred,
      I have Rheumatoid Arthritis. I am currently doing really well, so I feel the need to stitch and sew as much as I possibly can before I can't. I know you miss it.
      August is a difficult month to describe. I think if I hadn't been a teacher, the beach thing would probably apply.

      Delete

I am so glad you stopped by my little blog. Drop in again anytime.
Sincerely,
Sandy