Tuesday, June 28, 2016

June Cross Stitch

I redid my June cottage. I just couldn't go with the June pattern. I even tried to like it after I got it mounted, but it did not grow on me. NOT EVEN a bit.

I started to wait until after I finished all of them which will be the August cottage, but I know me. I would not want it do it then, because I have 4 projects lined up when I finish the cottages. 



I decided to just get in gear and fix it while it was bugging me. I took 4 of the other cottage patterns and made a new June inspired by the things in my kitchen for the month of June.

These have been hanging on the stove for June.

This is on my table now.

Well, I have also added the lantern instead of the roses which are going kaput in the heat. That guided the blue for June and the shutters in the cottage.



So without further adieu is the new June cottage that I love.

It will only get 2 and 1/2 days of display, but I am glad that I chose to do it now.



Complete with  a cherry yellow cottage and Florida oranges and sunshine.


Of course, now it is time to think patriotic and I am to break out a bit of red, white, and blue. 

I love July's cottage and will mount it tonight to be ready for Friday.


As I was uploading my pictures, I found one that I just had to share with you.

I bet you didn't know the Devil resided in the grocery store. He does! 

These are sitting there overtime I go down this aisle. They are just calling my name.


So far I have resisted the little devil on my left shoulder and listened to the angel on the right. These little mini ones are so good. I am quite sure they are like crack. You can't just eat one...

I really considered turning the box display around backwards the other day. No one was on the aisle with me. Then maybe they would move them. 

Staying on my healthy plan, because I feel better when I do,
Sandy


One last look at the old ....


and the new.







3 comments:

  1. You made the right choice Sandy. I have found that things seldom grow on me if they bug me to begin with....I love the peach theme. We saw some pretty ones at the Peach Park in Clanton as we came home. I am stitching my Prairie Schooler Christmas and when I finish it I plan to work on the PS seasons. It is a pattern I have had forever and kept meaning to do it so now is the time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I am so much happier with it. I start the August cottage today, so I will have finished them all very soon. I have really enjoyed them.

      Delete
  2. Loved your story about the Smokey the Bear book....I was doing a happy dance in the book room when I found it. I am still plugging along on my Prairie School Christmas sampler. I have two more pieces lined up when I finish this one. I am so enjoying cross stitch again and it really calms my spirit.

    ReplyDelete

I am so glad you stopped by my little blog. Drop in again anytime.
Sincerely,
Sandy