Tuesday, August 9, 2016

Blog Friends, Curtains, and Xeljanz

Rather than say a random post again, I decided to just lay the topics out for you.

I have been reading blogs forever. Most of the blogs I started with were teacher blogs. It was great to have fellow teachers out there just laying their thoughts bare for me to read. I loved the community that I found there. 

The blogs that I choose today to follow are more just life blogs. I love decorating and will always be drawn to anyone showing a pretty house. It is like an "alive magazine." Magazines and purses are my vices. I kind of explained my blogging thoughts here.

That being said, one of my favorite blogging friends is Arlene over at Nanaland. Arlene is a sweetheart of a lady and does a giveaway on the first day of every month.
I won this month and received my Scrub Daddy in the mail yesterday. I popped them out last night in the kitchen. I LOVE anything that might help you clean.


Anyway, Arlene, you are the BEST! Thanks.

Now, onto curtains. 

I made curtains for a good friend's classroom this weekend. She had stayed out of the classroom for a few years. Her husband is a football coach, so she knows tons of traveling. Her husband was the coach when my kids were in high school. My son adored him. 

Kim taught next door to me for many years.
She decided to go back to the classroom this year. They live in Walton County now, so we are close enough to see each other especially since we have bought the farm over there now.

I will not be showing you the picture of them as this lady as nice as she is.....
has one very big problem. 

She likes that other school in our home state of Alabama and wanted curtains of that color and theme.

I explained to her this was a horrible idea, but she insisted.

The worst part was actually going into a store to buy houndstooth and red cloth. I wore plenty of ORANGE AND BLUE.

Anyway, if you like houndstooth and red, then you would have thought they were real cute.

I will show you the ones I had in my classroom instead.


Well, maybe one very small one of hers, so you will believe I really did them.

I even put my tag on them. That was hard.



For my last topic, I am going to share some thoughts on a medication that I unfortunately put in body.

I know some will not agree with me, but it is MY BLOG, so I am going to share my thoughts.

My hope is putting this in print is that it might help someone else.

I took Humira, Enbrel, Methotrexate, and Plaquinil at some point in time over the last 15 years or more for my Rheumatoid Arthritis. I know that many come with side effects and I hated that! Some worked better than others and some worked for awhile only to lose their effectiveness with time.

The last poison I took was Xeljanz.

I TRULY BELIEVE SOMEWHERE DOWN THE ROAD WE WILL SEE LAWYER COMMERCIALS FOR THIS DRUG.

You know the ones ---if you have taken this drug and experienced blah, blah, blah.

I am on my second melanoma.

The second one can't be sun exposure. It is on the bottom of my foot.

Hmmm...

That drug is really what led me to seek another alternative. I looked awful. Pale and quite jaundiced. People were beginning to ask me if I felt ok. 

I had never been one to really even tell anyone I had an illness.

I took my last one when they scraped the first spot for a biopsy.

If you know anyone out there who is considering this drug, just say to research it more.
Blogging can be a community and a platform.

I don't want a platform, but I do want to share something worth knowing.

Y'all have a great day.

I am off to volunteer at church and then come home and do some SCRUBBING:)
Sandy

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for the Xeljanz warning. I've never heard of anyone who has tried this, but I'm always so afraid to try anything new without hearing someone else's experiences.

    Hope you are having a great summer . . . and I'm with you on those curtains!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh and the lady that cut the fabric was a classic ---one that has never been anywhere near T - Town. I will leave it at that:)

      Delete
  2. Sandy, thank you for sharing this. I will be sure and pass on your experience to anyone who asks my nursing opinion. I am so sorry you are going through this... Are you still having good results with your diet changes and more holistic approach?

    You are a sweet friend to make those curtains.:) Glad the scrub daddies got there. I was using mine in the shower
    yesterday!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am going to love the scrub daddies. I am quite sure Mother will want some now.
      And yes, I am still doing so well on my diet. I am grateful that I took that step. I probably would have just resigned myself to thinking that was just the way it was going to be if I hadn't taken the Xeljanz and it did me so bad. I could tell it was not going to work and I felt defeated because I didn't think there was anything else out there for me, so it led me to a different path.

      Delete
  3. So glad those changes worked..often doctors would rather write a RX than to explore other options.

    ReplyDelete

I am so glad you stopped by my little blog. Drop in again anytime.
Sincerely,
Sandy