Friday, December 23, 2016

A Little Baking

Lindsay and I did a little baking today. I made a pound cake for the friend who built my pie safe. Their family is due to arrive at his parents this evening. I actually have to do one more in the morning for our Christmas Eve family gathering.



We also baked some gluten free chocolate chips cookies together as well. They were superb! I had seen a review for the cup4cup gluten free flour that Williams Sonoma sells. Since I had tried two other cup for cup brands and they really weren't wonderful, I decided to try one more time. This one worked well with the cookies. It is quite pricey, so it won't be an everyday kind of thing, but great for when you really want something sweet.



At some point, I might try it in my pound cake, but for now, I will go with the regular stuff since it is a family favorite.

My towels for Lindsay turned out pretty good. The pattern was a pretty busy pattern and then couple that with the pile of towels made me worry a bit. I think she will like them.



I think I have every Christmas present wrapped.

Gonna finish setting the dining table, mop my kitchen, and then I will find my comfy chair for the evening.

Merry Christmas,
Sandy

1 comment:

  1. Merry Christmas Sandy!! I have so enjoyed getting to know you and getting to MEET you was a highlight of my year.

    ReplyDelete

I am so glad you stopped by my little blog. Drop in again anytime.
Sincerely,
Sandy