Thursday, March 23, 2017

A Productive Day Makes You Feel Good

I had a very productive day yesterday. Don't you love it when you get lots done on your list? I cleaned my main level of the house, but in between it all, I just savored the beautiful day. I opened some windows on the back side and made a point when I rested to sit outside. The birds were singing, the sun shining. It was just an all around gorgeous spring day.

Speaking of cleaning, isn't it great when you get everything tidied up and shining. I think the person who coined the phrase, "cleanliness is next to godliness" had just finished cleaning their home. When you get everything in its place and have mopped floors or freshly vacuumed floors, it just feels so good. I have always been a person who felt calmer when the house was in order. It didn't work out so well in the working years. It is better these days. I actually LOVE being a homemaker. I know people don't use that term anymore, but I still like it.


My Queen Elizabeth has begun blooming. She is a bit early this year. My roses usually don't start really popping until the beginning of April. I always prune them on President's Day here, but this year I actually had to do them a little earlier with the weather being so warm in February. Mind you I am talking about my tea, floribundas, and grandifloras. Most everyone has the hybrids and shrub roses these days. I did find two new ones at Home Depot that are some kind of hybrid specifically designed for my area. They are pretty, even though I am a rose snob. I say that laughing as I write it. I want to be a rose snob, but I do not have a yard that provides the necessary ingredients for beautiful roses. Sigh!!!

I plan to go to my son's house today for more painting, so I have to be quick and get myself going today, but I am sharing his kitchen today. I took these pictures on Tuesday. I was quite surprised at how clean he had it. This is probably as good as it will ever be😆

I have a curtain to place in the window. The garbage can is sitting where a dishwasher can go, but he has to wait awhile on that. Money, money, money...

Opposite wall. It is a very small galley kitchen. There is a large closet in the dining area though.


I know that he has cooked several times, so I am shocked at how clean it is.


The cabinets were new...Home Depot sells these, not the most expensive, but cute! The counter top has been painted with some type of epoxy. It looks like concrete. So so.


Off to get busy on this gorgeous spring day.
Sandy

10 comments:

  1. We think so much alike. I agree about a clean and ordered home. I took some time yesterday to thoroughly clean my fridge and I felt like a champ when it was done. I do need to do some mopping but that will be on tomorrow's list. That rose...love the shade of pink. When we lived in Point Mallard I had a rose garden and I really enjoyed it. Paul Allen's kitchen looks great...love the cabinets etc. It really is going to be a beautiful home when you are done. Maybe one to bring a bride to???? Yes, I have strolled the antique shops and like you, it is very sad to see treasures abandoned. I think rather than sell the dishes I might have smashed them up and used them to make a table top or some other remembrance. But that is just it, no one has time for that!! My sister in law was lamenting that when her parents died several of the siblings sold the antiques they inherited because they like Pottery Barn better. And to each his own I guess but I am sentimental.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like the idea of using the dishes in a remembrance. I am way too sentimental for my own good, but I like for a home to tell the story of one's life. I love looking at pieces on display in my home that once belonged to so and so. Brings back great memories. I don't want a cookie cutter home.
      I love Paul Allen's little girlfriend. I do hope she sticks around, but he still has a long way to go in the growing up area. I pray lots and lots! I know he will figure it all out and that boys are slower, but whew..

      Delete
  2. Well I agree that a clean home is helpful for a calm spirit. I can't think when my house is not tidy. Obviously, you have taught your son well. 🙂 Always good!

    Enjoy those springy days...your rose is beautiful. (You don't seem at all like a snob.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is quite funny that he is clean now, because I am sure he was the messiest child EVER!

      Delete
  3. You are right about cleanliness being Godly and have inspired me to clean my office. I can barely fit my computer on the desk. Cheers to your son's clean kitchen!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you got your desk tidied. That is a hard area for me since I am a stacker or piler of papers. Since retirement I am much better, but I can slip back into my old ways quickly. Yikes!

      Delete
  4. How exciting! My sons are terrible at keeping house and I know that when they buy something of their own that will change. Something about paying makes the priorities change. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am sure my son was the messiest kid ever. He actually got better after high school. You are right about when it is there place though.

      Delete
  5. I love a productive day! I too function much better when things are clean and orderly. I try to make sure everything is done by Sunday evening before I begin a new work week because I know some days I will be too busy or tired to do much in the evenings. Your son's kitchen is really nice. I was going to ask you if his counters are concrete and then read what you said. They sure look like the real thing and are perfect for a bachelor pad. :) I assume he is a bachelor anyway. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Vicky, he is a bachelor. He does have a girlfriend. A development since November. He has never really had too many of those. I think really only one other that didn't last too long. We love this girl. I see her hand on a few things. I will be fine if she is the one. I don't want any moving in before marriage, which I don't think either would, but in this day I have already had it on my mind. Eek.

      Delete

I am so glad you stopped by my little blog. Drop in again anytime.
Sincerely,
Sandy