Sunday, March 12, 2017

Weekend Wrap-up

The garden is coming along. We have planted onions and potatoes thus far. We used all of the potatoes and onions planted last year, so our amounts were pretty good on those. You can read about lessons learned last year here.

I also got a little smart this year. There is an abundance of pine straw at the farm, so I raked it up and put it in the valleys hoping to lessen the amount of weed growth. So far, so good!



Potatoes made the Dirty Dozen list for pesticide use. You can read about that here. That has become very important in my journey to health.

I also made some time this weekend to add some new straw to my front flowerbeds that have roses. I am so glad I did as the weather is supposed to be quite cold this week.


I finished my books of the Bible cross stitch piece and will take it to the frame shop this week. It is almost 22 inches high, so it is a biggie. I was pleased with it and will share it again when I get it framed.



I am sharing a few pictures of the painting at my son's fixer upper. I say fixer upper because it does have some issues, but a lot of it is cosmetic. With any purchase that is a repo, you don't know what you are getting. The plumber will be coming for the third time tomorrow. We keep finding things. I am hoping we don't have to get a new hot water heater, but it is rather old, so fingers crossed for a little more time with it. The air conditioner guy is also coming tomorrow to clean it up. It was a bit dirty. All in all he is tickled pink and working hard at himself. We went to the farm with some friends after church and he and the girlfriend knocked out quite a bit of painting. I thought they did very well.

Here are a few pictures of some of our progress.

Master Bathroom

Master Bedroom ---He was putting his clothes away so neatly. Wow!

Dining Area ---Girlfriend and her dog were visiting.

Living Room. Grandma is buying him a couch and recliner. I will share later. I found him a rug on clearance. 


Update on Lucy, the Springer...
Lucy visited the vet on Thursday. She seems to be tolerating the new medicine. She is wearing diapers. She could possibly get better with the incontinence on the new medicine IF she doesn't have Cushings. Testing for Cushings would put her under a lot of stress and can't be treated with the seizure medicine. Our decision has come down to this ---if the medicine keeps her seizure free then she has some more time with us as she is doing so much better, but if she has another seizure we will put her down. At this point, the seizures take a toll that we both consider suffering. For now, we are in wait and see mode.

It was a busy weekend and Hubby is taking spring break off, so I will probably be missing this week a good bit.

Spring breaking it,
Sandy

9 comments:

  1. You have been busy!! Love that pretty garden!! And your Sampler is just magnificent!! Cant wait to see it framed!! I love the colors at your son's home. ( I use the khaki colors all he time. ..they go with everything and make it a bit warmer than beige). I hope you are sitting in your recliner with your feet up this evening!! I agree with your decision on your sweet pup....I know it was not made without a lot of thought and prayer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am indeed sitting with my feet up tonight. I am pooped. I am glad for the comments on the color for the walls. I think since the house is small that one color throughout will make for a more cohesive look. The kitchen was the only room that didn't need painting and it has a cool grey which we liked and thought about putting everywhere. I started it in the bedroom and it felt like a hospital on such a large space. He wasn't sure about the color, but I think now that we have done about half the house it is really looking good. I needed affirmation. Thanks.
      Not only has God been speaking to me about the dog, but about my son as well. He is still on the throne and I need to do a bit more trusting.

      Delete
  2. The garden looks wonderful, Sandy, and that cross stitch! You are making the most of early spring.
    Amalia
    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Amalia, I love to putter in the dirt and cross stitch. Two of most favorite things to do.

      Delete
  3. Decisions for dogs are so hard since they can't communicate! Blessing to you for that journey.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the khaki colored walls and the garden is looking great! The Books of the Bible cross stitch finished at last. It is beautiful. What an amazing amount of work!

    And thanks for the update on Lucy. Glad you have been able to clarify your decision making.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel much better about my Lucy. She seems to be doing a lot better, but having a plan with the vet makes me feel better. It won't be easy to give her up now or in three years. I am pretty excited about the garden this year. We learned quite a bit last year. A little slower and in stages for sanity this year.

      Delete
  5. Hi Sandy... your son's place looks like it is coming along. Hopefully, all it needs is cosmetic. Your garden looks great and yes, I did see that article on the dirty dozen list. I hope your pup is helped by the meds. It's so hard to see our pets suffer. Your cross stitch project would have taken me 3 years to finish! It looks great. Have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Katie, I am relieved that my dog is doing better on the new medicine and hoping she will get a good bit more time. Hard to give those little babes up. I stitch most nights while Hubby watches TV.

      Delete

I am so glad you stopped by my little blog. Drop in again anytime.
Sincerely,
Sandy