I also got a little smart this year. There is an abundance of pine straw at the farm, so I raked it up and put it in the valleys hoping to lessen the amount of weed growth. So far, so good!
Potatoes made the Dirty Dozen list for pesticide use. You can read about that here. That has become very important in my journey to health.
I also made some time this weekend to add some new straw to my front flowerbeds that have roses. I am so glad I did as the weather is supposed to be quite cold this week.
I finished my books of the Bible cross stitch piece and will take it to the frame shop this week. It is almost 22 inches high, so it is a biggie. I was pleased with it and will share it again when I get it framed.
I am sharing a few pictures of the painting at my son's fixer upper. I say fixer upper because it does have some issues, but a lot of it is cosmetic. With any purchase that is a repo, you don't know what you are getting. The plumber will be coming for the third time tomorrow. We keep finding things. I am hoping we don't have to get a new hot water heater, but it is rather old, so fingers crossed for a little more time with it. The air conditioner guy is also coming tomorrow to clean it up. It was a bit dirty. All in all he is tickled pink and working hard at himself. We went to the farm with some friends after church and he and the girlfriend knocked out quite a bit of painting. I thought they did very well.
Here are a few pictures of some of our progress.
|Master Bedroom ---He was putting his clothes away so neatly. Wow!|
|Dining Area ---Girlfriend and her dog were visiting.|
|Living Room. Grandma is buying him a couch and recliner. I will share later. I found him a rug on clearance.|
Update on Lucy, the Springer...
Lucy visited the vet on Thursday. She seems to be tolerating the new medicine. She is wearing diapers. She could possibly get better with the incontinence on the new medicine IF she doesn't have Cushings. Testing for Cushings would put her under a lot of stress and can't be treated with the seizure medicine. Our decision has come down to this ---if the medicine keeps her seizure free then she has some more time with us as she is doing so much better, but if she has another seizure we will put her down. At this point, the seizures take a toll that we both consider suffering. For now, we are in wait and see mode.
It was a busy weekend and Hubby is taking spring break off, so I will probably be missing this week a good bit.
Spring breaking it,