Wednesday, August 30, 2017

Update

Kristan and family made it safely to a friend's home. The twins' 8th birthday was yesterday. I am quite sure they won't forget this birthday. Hopefully, the worst is over and they will make it back home today. They think they may have escaped water in their home. Not sure yet as many in the neighborhood did have water. It was very close, so we will see.

It is so horrible to see the pictures. The clean up in that area will go for a very long time. It has been so wonderful to see the good side of people coming out. It is my prayer that will continue as these people begin to rebuild their lives all over that area. We really haven't even seen the devastation from the category 4 hurricane on the coast due to the flooding.

8 comments:

  1. So glad your family is safe. One of the floss tubers I watch lives in Corpus Christie and she posted today to let everyone know that they made it through...they did not evacuate and she has some video of the rain and wind on her latest post. Rain going sideways...reminded me of the storms we had here when Katrina moved up the state.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are all good. It has been a crazy storm. I won't really rest until I know there is nothing out there.

      Delete
  2. So thankful your loved ones are safe. Hopefully they have indeed escaped water in their home. Such a mess to clean up. You are right, that will be a birthday to remember for the twins!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Their dad managed to find them a cake. I am guessing we will get a play by play of all this at Thanksgiving. My niece said it really is people helping people though. Nice to hear the good on the news lately. Horrible that it has to be a tragedy to get something else on the news.

      Delete
  3. Glad your niece and family are safe. Continuing to pray for them and all who are affected by Harvey.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Robin, they are all good, but such devastation all over the area.

      Delete
  4. Sandy I'm so happy to hear your family is safe and sound. Everything I see on tv is so sad but the way people are helping each other is so indicative of Texas. Prayers for all involved. RJ

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are all good, but my niece said it is amazing how everyone is helping each other.

      Delete

I am so glad you stopped by my little blog. Drop in again anytime.
Sincerely,
Sandy