Sunday, September 24, 2017

A Random Post

Last weekend, Mother and I went to Auburn for the game. Just the two of us. We just rested Friday evening and took our time Saturday morning preparing to leave the cabin for Auburn. We strolled around town for a little while to get me a new orange shirt. Then we tailgated with our picnic lunch. The game didn't start until 3:30 so we had a very slow and leisurely day. Those are real good sometimes. It was a bit hot, but tolerable in the shade.

Tuesday, I met Arlene, my wonderful blogging friend from north Alabama. This is our second year meeting in Pensacola for lunch. She comes each September for a week in Gulf Shores, so Pensacola is our midpoint location to meet. Arlene and I both have a love of cross stitching. Of course, she brought me goodies. She is sweet like that. We have swapped cross stitching patterns for some time now. I had been away from stitching for a very long time when my kids reached middle school and then teaching, so when I retired she taught me about all the new things out there. I have wanted one of the pie tarts for such a long time. I can't wait to stitch this.



In fact, this afternoon I plan to head into my sewing room and get all my want to do projects lined up and ready to start some new stitching.

I went back to Pensacola on Wednesday to take my mom and my aunt for a doctor's appointment and some lunch out. My aunt came to stay with her for about three days this week. She enjoyed that, but has been sickly with her sinuses since Friday.

I went to the farm yesterday. Two of the cows have had calves. They are quite cute. These are Lowline cows, so one of the babies is smaller than Lemony. Gus was shocked to see them and just spent most of his time barking. I have to watch Lemony because she wants to play with them. She ran under the fence one day before I knew what she was up to.



I spent yesterday afternoon trying to do some yard work. I did the back and must tackle the front this week.

That is my life this past week. Throw in some laundry, cleaning, and cooking and you have Sandy's life in a nutshell.

Not a bad gig,
Sandy


17 comments:

  1. Hello, Yes that pie tart project will be so cute! Love those new baby calves...
    So special that you can meet half-way and visit your blogging friend!
    Enjoy this new week and can you believe the last of September!
    Hugs, Roxy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't believe it is the end of September. The clock moves much quicker these days. I have always enjoyed the positive messages on your blog. I am finding that I just want to move into a cocoon from the crazy world and its headlines. We need to stay positive and keep the home a place of contentment in crazier times.

      Delete
  2. Not a bad gig at all!! That is so great that you got to meet up with Arlene and what a great PSS pattern and tart, that will be fun. I have a few and hoping they will be easy finishes! So nice you got to spend a leisurely day with your Mom. Savor every precious minute with her. The little calves are so sweet!! I still can't believe it's September let alone over in a few days!! Enjoy the Fall...Mary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have another PSS one with a similar theme. The two of them will be nice together. Arlene has been so much fun to get to know blogging. She was just as great in person. We have a good time chatting back and forth and sharing our patterns and ideas. Sharing ideas is why I still blog.

      Delete
  3. What fabulous outings you have had, Sandy! I look forward to seeing the tart tin filled in with stitchery. Oh my goodness, the calves are adorable. Enjoy the coming week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The calves are super cute. They don't belong to us, but we lease the land to a guy who has them, so I just get to enjoy watching them without the work:)
      I am ready to get some stitching started. I sort of took the week off from rushing to get the fall stuff done.

      Delete
  4. Sandy it sounded like a great weekend to me. What fun an Auburn game with Mom, lunch with Arlene and the birth of baby calves. I love the pattern Arlene brought for you and the tarts are alot of fun to work with. Can't wait to see it all done. RJ@stitchingfriendsforever

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks RJ. I ordered some fabric today for the tart.

      Delete
  5. Seeing you was a highlight of my week Sandy!! I kitted up two projects on Sunday afternoon. I look forward to stitching up my tart too and I want to be able to rotate pieces inside the tart so I am thinking how best to do that. Baby Calves...what can I say? They are so sweet. I have a busy week but hoping to tackle several projects before we head to GA on Thursday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This morning I have been busy getting some order to all my WIPs. Sometimes things can get a little crazy in my sewing room, so I have to tidy before I can think again. I loved seeing you.

      Delete
  6. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  7. How nice to get to see Arlene this year! Blog friends are really special! Love seeing those baby calves too...have to show the pics to my hubby! Enjoy your week! Hugs, Diane

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was fun seeing Arlene. The calves are cute as can be. The cows are called Lowlines. I think think they are more popular in south Florida.

      Delete
  8. I love the gift that Arlene gave you, Sandy--did you two meet through your blogs or did you know each other before?

    Love the sweet baby cows--well I love baby anything (except maybe snakes and bats!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We did meet through blogging and just became such good friends. We have so much in common. She lives in North Alabama, and I live in the Panhandle of Florida. They vacation in Gulf Shores each September, so we just decided to meet up last year. I was pretty sure she wasn't an ax murderer after the long term blogging friendship. We now keep in touch through email and texting as well.
      The cows are certainly cute, and I with you on snakes and bats:)

      Delete
  9. How fun you and Arlene got to meet! I wish I could have been there! Blogging is such a fun way to meet people from all over the place. Glad you had fun at the game.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe next year you can come, or we can meet in Fairhope. That would be fun:) My daughter and I love to come to Fairhope to shop every now and then.

      Delete

I am so glad you stopped by my little blog. Drop in again anytime.
Sincerely,
Sandy