Monday, September 4, 2017

Labor Day = Family Time and Shopping

My weekend was filled with lots of low key activity. I had lots of grandiose plans for time in the sewing room on Friday. However, it was my 33rd anniversary and Friday, so Hubby calls mid morning and says he is taking off early. There went my sewing room time.

All that I accomplished was the start of one my fall smalls.



I am hoping to get after them this week and have something to share by the end of the week.

For our anniversary we took the family out to dinner with us this year. We ate in Destin and the evening was beautiful. A breeze and a great sunset made for eating outside in the harbor. I should have taken pictures. It seems when you are enjoying yourself you forget to take pictures.

 I posted these on Instagram.



We were so nice to each other

Saturday morning was spent taking mom shopping. She loves to shop. I hate to shop

She found a really pretty comforter for her bed. She has been looking for awhile now. She walked in a store and there was the perfect one, so she was over the moon. I went back with her and helped her get it on her bed. 

Football was on for the afternoon and evening. Jeff grilled and actually did most of the cooking. I did make a great dessert that I am going to have to share very soon.

Oh and I cleaned out my closet and tried on all of my fall/winter clothes. I had a stack to give away and only found that I really needed three things to fill the holes. More on that later.

I worked two services on Sunday morning as many were out of town. I wanted to come home and nap, but Jeff had other ideas. One of which was very profitable for me. I went shopping AGAIN! We headed out to Destin where I found one of the items for my wardrobe. It is my birthday month, so my favorite store has a discount for your birthday month plus I had a $25.00 worth of points saved. Coupled with the Labor Day sales, I got a whale of deal on a shirt that I needed. 

I also got Lindsay some birthday gifts. Win Win for me since I don't really like shopping.

Then we came back and took the dogs out on the boat. 

Lemony took her place as captain.


This was Gus's first time out on the boat. He wasn't scared, but I held him so he wouldn't fall in. He took note of Lemony, so I am sure next summer he will join her as Lucy once did.

We went to the General's Bayou and let him try swimming for the first time. 

He took one jump after Lemony and was swimming anywhere she went.




This morning, Jeff went to play golf with Tyler, so Lindsay called and said for me and Grandma to come out to Destin for shopping AGAIN! We went out to Grand Boulevard and window shopped. Grand Blvd is not a place I go in the summer because of the traffic. It is past Destin but not quite to Seaside. It has stores like in the larger places...Pottery Barn, Orvis, Lily Putlizer, Anthropologie. We all just looked. No purchases. Oops I take that back. Lindsay picked out a t-shirt from The Zoo Gallery for her birthday. We ate lunch and shopped a bit more.

The Lily store is just so cute.

I thought these jeans in Anthropologie were cute. I might take some old jeans and try to do something like this. Maybe?!


I am shopped out, but it was fun being with Lindsay and mom. Mother was in heaven since she loves to shop and Lindsay invited us along.

I spent the evening trying to get my Monday chores done. 

Jeff snapped this cute picture of Gus.



That was my busy weekend. Now, I am truly praying for a storm to weaken or turn east and go out to sea.
Go away storms,
Sandy






12 comments:

  1. First.... your sunflower small is perfection!! Can't wait to see the others. I am a lady who enjoys shopping but when I am done I am done. I went shopping with my sisters and picked us a few things. We head out for Pigeon Forge today so I am sure I will be doing more shopping there including a trip to the big cross stitch store, Dixie Darlin! They will have to pull me out of there! Praying Irma does not ruin our beach trip! I love my beach time! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have fun on your trip, especially Dixie Darlin'. I am hoping your beach trip is not ruined as well. I am not liking the look of things this September.

      Delete
  2. Sounds like a wonderful weekend to me. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Family time is always good times. Love the yard work. I need to get out in mine this week.

      Delete
  3. I love your sunflower small, Sandy. It is absolutely beautiful.

    I'm not a person who loves shopping either. If I have something in mind, that's fine. Oh, and I do sort of enjoy shopping at Cracker Barrel. But aimlessly going from store to store and looking at everything ... just not for me, I'm afraid.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mrs. T. I hope to get some more of them finished soon.

      Delete
  4. Love how you finished the sunflower piece! It sounded like you have a fabulous weekend; happy belated anniversary wishes to you. Lemony makes a super captain and I loved the last shot of Gus with the stick.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I may even add something else, but I want to get all the sewing done and then see what else is needed. That Gus is a cutie.

      Delete
  5. Hi Sandy! Your sunflower stitch is perfect. I love the fabric and finish that you chose. It sounds like you had the most fun weekend. We have anniversaries and birthdays in common...we just celebrated both too. My good friend gave us their beach condo to celebrate at for the past six days and it was so nice and relaxing. No shopping however. I just love Lemony and Gus...they are both adorable. RJ@stitchingfriendsforever

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks RJ. Glad you had fun at the beach. I may try to get a day in at the beach today before all the craziness starts. Happy Anniversary and Birthday to you as well.

      Delete
  6. We had to leave early and come home to get ready for the storm. Bummer. RJ

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dashiki Shirt Store for sale provides hundreds of Color Dashiki shirts and pants. We are biggest retail and wholesale of dashiki shirts to dashiki womens

    ReplyDelete

I am so glad you stopped by my little blog. Drop in again anytime.
Sincerely,
Sandy