Monday, October 16, 2017

Stitching Update

I have had these pieces at this point for a full week. Maybe today will be the day I complete them.

One needs a bow and the other needs a decision.

I have mostly stitched on a pair of hunting dogs for my son this week. I decided I might need to make sure I had those done and then I will get back to my Christmas stitching. He requested the dogs. I stitched him this set back when he was in middle school for his bedroom. I think it may have been the last thing I stitched until I retired a few years back. He didn't want to take the other set from his bedroom downstairs, but wanted a new set. He wants his bedroom here to remain the same forever. I did change out the bedspread in his room since his old one was pretty disgusting. He approved that change. I have to say even my daughter hasn't liked the changes in her old room either. Yikes!




I got a new sewing table last Thursday. I had my sewing machine that I bought right before I retired sitting on top of my mom's old sewing machine cabinet. She had my sewing machine from college sitting on her desk. She had actually given my old machine to my daughter when she moved down here saying she wouldn't be sewing.

That all changed as she continually lost weight and basically is skin on bones. She doesn't like to buy petites so she buys regulars and hems all of it. She decided she wanted her old machine back so that meant I needed a table for my machine.

I found this one at Target online. It is absolutely perfect for a little less than a $100. and free shipping. It was extremely easy to put together too.
Win!




I hope to try and finish the Christmas pieces this week. I would rather stitch than finish. I can procrastinate for sure on that.

Gus keeps me company in the sewing room. He also seems to like to pull the ribbon out of the basket on the bottom right of the cabinet. I had to find a new for it.


I have explained to him that he has plenty of toys to chew on.



Hoping for a productive week. We will see😊
Sandy


10 comments:

  1. I love your Christmas piece all-finished-but-the-bow! Beautiful!

    Not sure what I would decide on the nutcracker, but I would lean toward the stripes. Or I might use a holly print to tie in with the little holly sprigs in the corners of the nutcracker piece. Whatever you do, it will look fantastic!

    Your son must have great memories of his childhood to want his room to remain the same forever -- and he obviously appreciates your beautiful stitching, to want the set of hunting dogs both there and at his current place. What a good thing you held onto the chart!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was leaning towards the stripes as well. I think you made up my mind for me. He does love his old bedroom and checks to make sure I haven't changed things often:)

      Delete
  2. That table is great. I may have to check out Target. Right now I use my dining room table. That Nutcracker is going to be gorgeous on those blue fabrics. I love it. Christmas turned out really sweet too! I need to do some finishing as well. Hoping to get to Hobby Lobby on Wednesday to pick out some fabric. I am like you...I would rather stitch than finish.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The table can be larger as it has a piece that can fold up, but I opted to keep it down. I had looked and looked and really mostly at Goodwill or thrift stores thinking I would get just something and paint it, but this turned out to be perfect for my room and is really sturdy. It was called the Comet Sewing table.https://www.target.com/p/comet-sewing-table-black-white-sew-ready/-/A-52436410#lnk=sametab
      $94.99

      Delete
  3. Love Gus' expression in the last photo! I like the blue/white stripe fabric for your nutcracker. Both of your stitches are lovely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the vote. I am going with the stripes.

      Delete
  4. That Gus! What a hound dog! I'm so impressed with your eyesight to do all of that tiny needlework! You must eat a lot of carrots!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sandy, first, what a doll Gus is, those eyes!!!! Such a great sewing/hobby room you have! Nice buy on the sewing table,I'm glad it has worked out so well for you. Both Christmas stitches are adorable. I love the nutcracker one and I'm partial to the striped fabric but I think you would use both of them on the stitch. I love stitching but finishing is a chore for me and I know too well all about procrastination! Be sure you stop by our blog today :) Mary

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sandy, I love your Christmas stitches. The colors, fabrics and designs are great. I made a nutcracker for my Mom once and really enjoyed stitching it. Your sewing table is wonderful as is your whole craft room...so organized which is something mine needs.

    And that little Gus is just too cute for words. You could never get mad at him no matter what he chews. RJ@stitchingfriendsforever

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry I missed your comment. I have just been a bit busy this week and somehow it got lost in the shuffle. The sewing room was my retirement gift from my hubby. It is a small room right as you come in by the washer and dryer room. It always housed my stuff and was the drop off zone. We cleared it all out and had some cabinets built. I love love love it. I just need more free time to get in there.

      Delete

I am so glad you stopped by my little blog. Drop in again anytime.
Sincerely,
Sandy