Saturday, October 14, 2017

Things I Love About Fall and All About Resting

Before I start my list of things I love about fall, I thought I would share a bit of my week.

Mother has been gone on a trip this week and due back tonight. I wasn't sure what I would do with my week, but sometimes the week takes care of you. That was more of the case with this one. I really didn't have a list of things I wanted to go and do, but more a list of things I needed to do around the house. The problem was I have felt sluggish all week.

The sluggish feeling probably is due to two things. One is I do run run run all the time. I am not sure how you get off the treadmill sometimes. Some of it my own doing and some others doing it to me. The second reason is having Rheumatoid Arthritis. I am exceedingly better after my journey back to health, but I do experience fatigue when I have gone too much.

Therefore the week was one where I fought that fatigue until Thursday when I just had to give up and lay around all day. I did nothing important to speak of except put together a sewing table which I will share next week in a post.

Thursday night before I went to bed, I popped over to my friend Leslie Anne's blog to read her column for the newspaper titled, "He makes me lie down in green pastures." I think that is just what this week was all about ---

    Instead of a long list of doing things I don't get time to do with family pressures, I had one of the family members gone and in my mind that meant making the most of the extra time, but I had to lie down in green pastures and just rest. God saw to it that I did by making me just a bit too tired to do anything else.

Either way Leslie Anne's story hit me right where it should and I just rested yesterday as well.

Now, onto the good stuff. Blogging friend Mrs. T from Across My Kitchen Table posted Five Things I Love About Fall last evening. I decided I would do so too.

Things I Love About Fall

#1... I love the cooler weather, which for us has not happened yet. I love it when you can get outside and work in the yard and stroll through the neighborhood. Just time outside makes you feel good. I am READY for it.

#2... I love the colors of fall. The color palette is one of the prettiest period. I don't see much of it my locale, so I have to create it which is fine too. I love going to Auburn in the fall to see a bit of it there.
This picture is of our cabin last year in November. Some friends stayed there the week of Thanksgiving and posted this picture on Instagram.


#3... I love scarves. Even though it is more of late fall and winter item of apparel, I still love seeing them everywhere.

#4... I love college football. Well, maybe just Auburn football.

#5... Last not least, I love the cotton fields seen in our neck of the woods. The prettiest to me are on the way to Brewton where I grew up. Santa Rosa County Florida has some of the prettiest farm land to me. Our cotton is not nearly as tall as the cotton a little further north, but it is still a sight to behold. IT is one of my favorites of any scenes in nature.



You may have noticed I didn't mention anything apple or pumpkins spiced. I love the look of pumpkins and the taste of apples, but all those spiced drinks make me gag. Yep, not a fan.


How about y'all... what are your favorite things about fall?

Have a great weekend everyone,
Sandy




6 comments:

  1. I love the picture of the cotton field. The photo of your cabin looks delightful. I am glad you were able to rest the last couple of days. Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Robin...hopefully I will have a stitching post next week. I have stitched a little along the way.

      Delete
  2. Hi Sandy, I just spent some time reading your post on your journey back to health. Since I am relatively new to your blog, I knew nothing of your issues with RA. What an amazing turn-around you had--good for you! I'm glad that special diet has been so successful for you--you look wonderful :)

    I love fall, too, especially the way the light comes in through the windows. It is just such a different, softer look--I can't explain it, but I love it! How wonderful to have a cabin like yours--I'll bet you can just totally relax while there...

    Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Carol, my turnaround in my health has been nothing short of a miracle. Still feel good.
      We bought the cabin back in 2006 and it has been a place to go and be quiet. We named it Serenity...(long story behind that) and it does seem to be a place of serenity. Even friends who stay there say that. I am not sure we will keep it forever, but we have loved it. We bought it to have a place to stay when kids were in college. It is about 30 minutes outside of Auburn.

      Delete
  3. Sandy I loved reading your post today. We all need to take the time off to rest now and then. I find myself doing like you and then it all catches up to me. I love your cabin...it is an awesome place to unwind. Auburn did great this weekend! I love all 5 of your choices for fall. I would also add going to the beach in the fall is one of my favorite things to do. It also has that serene feeling this time of the year. I will come back later and read about your journey with RA. Our son struggles with PA and now his meds have gone up to $3500 a month...now who can afford that? Hope you have a lovely week. RJ

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh if your son has RA, you definitely need to read my story. It is amazing the turn-around I have had. Then find a doctor locally like mine. Here is the website from mine...https://floridahwi.com
      I have a testimonial video on the website. I have been on all of those expensive meds...no more though:)
      Have a great week.

      Delete

I am so glad you stopped by my little blog. Drop in again anytime.
Sincerely,
Sandy