Friday, February 2, 2018

A Random Post of Updates and Thoughts

I am finally popping back into the blog.


I have purple this week. I think of Donny Osmond when I think of purple. Anyone else? I think I liked the pink better though.

I have had lots of things on my mind this week, but time got in the way of putting them to the keyboard.

In no particular order, here is a brain unload.

Farm
I shared that we were going to sell the farm; that it was just too hard to keep up. We have come to terms with it and have plans. We have unloaded the farmhouse of all the personal things. My son's closet downstairs is the holding spot for now. We still plan to get our long farm table, Hoosier cabinet, and pie safe. 



I shared the plan to sell the farm, but not the other plan we had. There is no hurry on any of this. It will have to be a sequence of events that occur over time. GOD'S TIME.

Anyway, we will sell the farm and then start looking for a place in Auburn (in town). For those of you long time readers, you know we go on a regular basis to Auburn and own a cabin about 30 minutes outside of town on Lake Martin. We have friends and have just made it a part of our life. I will also say it is a midpoint for so many of our other travels.



We started thinking about selling the farm, we talked it over with the kids as well. The consensus was we all would like to have a place in town so that we could all go at the same time, take the dogs, and not have to worry if we wanted to stay in town longer. We will want a larger place than the cabin and a fenced back yard, so lots of house hunting. Finding the "right place" will be key

When the farm is sold and the home is located in Auburn, we will put the cabin at the lake up for sale. There was a time I would never have been able to do that. Jeff loved the farm. I loved the cabin. Nothing stays the same though. IT has been a bit of a process for me to get to this point, but I am ok with it. We have had so many good times there. Seeing us all there in November sealed the deal that we would rather be in town in something with more bedrooms though. I will be able to take Mother along more and have her be comfortable as well.

So that is the update on all that. I made signs that are going up at the farm tomorrow and flyers, so we will see how it all turns out.

*Oh, back to the furniture in my "Gathering Room." We will take that to the new home in Auburn. It will be decorated in a country style. I loved that room, so that furniture is coming with us when we sell. During the sequence of events, I may have to store it awhile.

Isn't Gus adorable?



Clothing Styles
Onto to another topic. I lost weight after retirement and my back to health journey. I don't have a need for nearly the clothes I had when I worked outside the home. I felt guilty about how many clothes I had in fact.

However, I don't want to go to the grocery store or doctor's appointments in exercise gear every time I go out. Well, maybe I do, but I was not raised to do that!

Anyway, my problem is finding a pair of pants I like these days. Growing up as a teen in the 70's, I said at least a million times I wish straight leg pants would come back in style. I loved that Audrey Hepburn, Jackie O, early sixties look. I did not say I wanted skin tight hug me from my hips to the ankles look though.

Does anyone else find it hard to find a pair of pants you like these days? I can't stand the way the pants hug my calves these days. I simply can't find any I really like other than the Talbot's boyfriend jeans. Those are wonderful for fall and spring, but they are ankle style and that doesn't work for winter, because I have to have socks even in Florida. I am not a bare ankle girl in winter at all. I don't want to wear booties all the time either.

Thanks for reading my vent. I will shut up and move on now.

I did find a good fashion blog. She also has a Youtube channel as well. JLJBacktoClassic.

This thing is about to bloom again. It is loving the foyer and whatever is going on in there.

Family
Hubby has had some serious knee problems that have gotten really bad...hence part of the farm decision. Before Christmas, he was told he would need a knee replacement. He is like ...NOPE.

A fluke accident caused him to break his hip back in his mid thirties. He has had a hip replacement and a revision, so he is not interested in anymore store bought parts. He opted for some of the experimental plasma rich replacement injections. He has had the three and we are praying for some real relief. He has not been in the best shape the month of January. Hubby not happy equals wife trying to be extra cheerful.

Mother has been sick with an ear infection. As I shared my laying sewing down, that turned out to be a really good decision for my mind as well. I am going to have to step up my game with her in the coming days. She is just needing me lots more. I have to spend time daily with her now, if nothing else to see that she eats enough.

This week I have been working on LHN's Spring in a monochromatic color theme.


I have rambled enough, so I will shut her down for now.

I will try not to be so absent next week. I guess I need to make a list of all that is still on my mind, so I won't forget. 

Making my list,
Sandy

11 comments:

  1. I totally understand your desire to simplify!! And I can't wait to see your Auburn House. I am glad you are keeping your pretty things from the farm. I am going to pray for all to work out in God's timing. Girl, I have quit wearing jeans because of the problems you describe. I am a pull on pants girl now. I did find some dress pants I like...Kim Gravel's line on QVC. I purchased a black pair and a navy pair. I really prefer capris and skirts...come on Spring. I know what you mean about having an ailing husband. It is VERY hard then add to that a mama who needs you and your time is not your own. Prayers for you dear friend...keep your chin up, you've got this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad to hear I am not the only one hating pants. I am ready for spring because it is easier to find some cute elastic waist pants. I am on the hunt for something for next winter while things are on sale. I have hated it all. All I wanted to wear was sweat pants. I see no end in sight to the skinny leg. I think people think it makes them look skinny. I disagree.
      I know all of the plans will come together in the right time. Jeff simply can't do all he did last summer again. The boys will help, but they are still young and young doesn't want too many responsibilities.

      Delete
  2. Saying a prayer for your husband's knee and your Momma's ear. Your cactus is gorgeous. Nice progress on the LHN piece. Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Robin. The cactus is blooming even more this morning. I am loving it. Enjoy your weekend too.

      Delete
  3. I'm sure all of these changes in your life must be hard, Sandy, but it sounds like you are adjusting well! If I lived down that way, I would buy your little cabin :) I LOVE that long farmhouse table--what a lot of memories that must hold. I'm glad you are holding on to it...

    Sure hope your husband can get along without a knee replacement. My brother-in-law just had his after years of saying no to one and he is so happy. He is even running again!

    Hope you have a lovely weekend--we are expecting more snow up in Pennsylvania... sigh!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Carol, I hope this blood thing works because he will put off that knee replacement until he is just about dead. I know him. I know many who have had them and do well.
      I am ready just like everyone else for winter to be over. I am grateful I don't have snow to contend with. I have tried to just plan lots of things to take care of inside this winter.
      Hang in there on retirement. It does get better and those guilt feelings will get better.

      Delete
  4. Sandy I know it was a hard decision to make to sell the farm and the cabin but I think you will all be happy in a home right in Auburn so the whole family can stay for all of those great games etc. So sorry to hear about your husband and your Mom. Hope they will both feel better soon. Keep smiling my friend! RJ

    ReplyDelete
  5. First of all, I adore you for wanting to wear respectable outfits and not work-out clothes when you go out in public. Kindred spirits! Second of all, wow! What huge decisions you are making, but what total fun and exciting adventures you will be having! It's always fun to plan, design, dream and hope. Can't wait to follow along!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will keep y'all posted. I don't have a clue how long it will all take, but I am going with the flow.

      Delete
  6. I’m always a little sad to hear of someone selling a farm, but I trust in you, Sandy, and know God will bring the right buyer. I’m excited for this new chapter in your lives.

    ReplyDelete

I am so glad you stopped by my little blog. Drop in again anytime.
Sincerely,
Sandy