Saturday, February 17, 2018

Saturday Stitching and Dessert

I am going to take a play from my friend Arlene @Nanaland and do a Saturday Stitching.

I have three things I have been rotating. Here is my progress.

Betsy's Tart.



I actually got off count on Betsy's Tart. I have to redo "Let." As you can plainly tell it is too high. I have no clue how I managed that other than to say I should have been using my magnetic line keeper.



This caused the balloons to be a few stitches too high. I think it will still fit in the pie tart in that direction easy, but width is another thing. I have studied this a good bit. I have measured and planned and it still seems that there is too much in the pattern for it to fit width. I have a plan and we will see how it all comes out.

I love the muted colors. I really wasn't sure about them, but decided I would go with it. I think it is going to look lovely in the tart. It should look great in my living room.

Then I started the "Bluebird Out My Window." I haven't gotten very far, but I think it will be a quicker project.  I am not sure I am going to do the bottom Home. We will see.



I just decided one evening to pull out "A Needleworker Lives Here" and start on it.



These three have kept me happily stitching.

Now for some sweetness...

I made a delicious and easy dessert. Stacey at Poofing the Pillows posted this the other day. I had my church small group coming on Wednesday which just happened to be Valentine's Day. After seeing Stacey's, "Cheery Delight" in jars, I thought this would be perfect. I love do banana pudding in the little jars.  Hers is actually prettier than mine. The reason being her cherries are red. I used organic cherries and they were burgundy. IF you want your dessert to look like Valentine's or the Fourth of July don't use organic cherries. 😁 The only other thing I did different was I actually made homemade organic whip cream instead of cool whip. Cool Whip would have been fine. I am just dealing with health issues, so I do everything with a healthier alternative.

This was before I added my whip cream. See it is burgundy. 

The weather this past week was delightful here. Even though my back was hurting I did sit outside several times. Just loved it.

Enjoy your weekend,
Sandy


16 comments:

  1. The 3 stitches that you are working on all look fabulous, Sandy. I really like the house color in the last piece. What color is that? Your cherry treat looks great and I bet it was yummy. Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The blue is a Classic Color Works called Old Blue Jeans. On the pattern envelope the model looked a bit more variegated, but Old Blue Jeans is not. I do like it though. IT is a really pretty color.

      Delete
  2. Sandy, it seems that I ALWAYS get off count. I try to make it work but this week I had to frog a piece. I try to pay attention I really do!:) Love Betsy's tart. When I did my tart at Christmas I thought it was too big as well but it worked out. When I was in Tuesday Morning last week, I saw some tart pans in their kitchen department for about $5. They were a tad bigger. I may purchase some to have on hand. I look forward to seeing your finished projects. I plan to work on Smoky Mountain Christmas this weekend. That Cherry Delight looks wonderful to me. I had never thought of serving desserts in the small mason jars. I will have to Steal that idea.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will have to keep my eye out at Tuesday Morning, because I really like the idea.
      I have been making banana pudding in them for awhile, because Jeff doesn't like bananas. I can make him one easily. This recipe was really tasty. I have a book for using the jars, but I haven't used it much. I think I am going to start doing it more. It will help with portion control and they go in the oven, so win win.

      Delete
  3. I probably should have eaten before reading this post. Your Saturday stitches are really coming along.

    I grew up with whipped topping and thought nothing of it. After I married I switched over to whipped cream for some long ago and forgotten reason. I’m in love with it and enjoy doctoring it up when it makes sense in a recipe. Wow, your Cheery Delight looks incredible. Judy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I almost finished my Betsy's Tart tonight, but my eyes gave out. Maybe tomorrow.

      Delete
  4. The dessert looks yummy! I'm going to make a quick and easy cherry cobbler for tomorrow's dinner. I'm not supposed to have sugar, but my family always loves it. :)
    Have a nice weekend! xx Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really was. I never share a recipe unless I think it is really worthy. I really wasn't even sure I would like cherries. I tend to be a peach girl for everything, but they were yummy. I understand about the sugar!

      Delete
  5. Your stitching all looks wonderful Sandy. I think the tart will work out...fingers crossed for you. I do love the bluebird stitch so much...are you going to try a rusch finish? And Home of a Needleworker is one of my favorites. I have stitched that one and enjoyed every minute of it.

    Now where do you find a magnetic ruler like that...what a great idea. Does this stay on your chart?

    Your dessert looks so pretty and I love the color of your cherries. Can you believe I don't eat anything creamy. It looks so pretty and good but I just don't like anything with a creamy texture. Crazy?!?

    Enjoy your Saturday stitching.
    RJ

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am going to try and find a similar ribbon and rusch it. Hopefully, I can make it look as good. I am almost through with the Betsy tonight. I have just a bit more, but my eyes are worn out. I think it is going to fit.
      I have had that magnetic thing forever. I think I saw them at Joann's recently though. The board if you want to call it that is metal. You lay your pattern on it and then the magnetic strips can moved around. It is a life saver especially if the pattern has any size to it.
      I would have said as recently as a year ago that I didn't like anything creamy either. I have really ventured out since I had to get healthy. Not that this dessert was healthy at all, but in the process of my RA journey I have tried lots of new things.

      Delete
  6. You have a beautiful blog. This is my first time to visit you.

    Your cross stitch projects are beautiful, even with the mistakes that you see but the rest of us don't readily catch on first glance. I had to give up counted cross stitch a few years ago. It was just so teeny tiny for my aging eyes. But I am doing hand needle turn appliqué with a class right now.

    The dessert looks wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Barbara. I have been visiting your blog for awhile. Well, since you moved to Florida. I will pop in more! Thanks. I gave up cross stitching for a very long time. I started it in college (early 80's) and stitched until mid 90's. Working and my children just kept me too busy. I retired a little over 3 years ago and picked it back up. I will stitch until my eyes don't work which maybe sooner than I think.

      Delete
  7. Always love to see what you're up to in the stitching department, Sandy. That dessert looks positively yummy. Enjoy your Sunday!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sandy, I would take real whipped cream over cool whip everytime!! The dessert looks delicious! I love your stitches. I believe it was Carol at Stitching Dreams that changed the word from Home to Spring on the bluebird stitch. When I finally stitch that sweet one I'm going to stitch Spring on mine. I love the needleworker stitch too!! Love all your stitching choices! Mary

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ha ha--just reading Mary's comment above. No, I stitched this one as was charted and left the word "Home" as it was a gift to my mom on her 90th birthday last year. I wrote on the back of the frame that, no matter where her children may roam, she is and always will be the heart of our home :)

    Such a tasty looking dessert!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I remember you doing that one for your mother. That was a great way to tie it in.

      Delete

I am so glad you stopped by my little blog. Drop in again anytime.
Sincerely,
Sandy