Friday, March 9, 2018

Where Did the Week Go?

I had a bit of a relapse on being sick. Not long after I posted I felt better....

well, I didn't feel so good again. I finally started having a bit of fever. I was so afraid I was getting the flu that I went to the doctor. I don't, but I did have some infection. That was last Friday.

I have been on an antibiotic and just simply laying around. Sometimes you just have to give up, but really a week of it?

I absolutely never not respond to comments on the blog, but that is why...I just felt stinky. Forgive me friends for being so ill mannered.

I think I finally feel better today, so I am now facing a good bit of stuff to do.

I am moving a bit slow this morning, but as soon as I post this I am up and going to will myself to get some things accomplished.

Gus, the Springer was 9 months old yesterday. He is all boy and puppy. He has so much energy. He wakes up early and if I just had 1/10th of his energy I could do great wonders. All that said, he is a sweetie and loves his mama. He follows me everywhere. I don't go to any room that he doesn't follow. He has a squeak toy that he loves to squeak. It has to be hidden once Daddy comes home, because he just walks around squeaking it.

He also stay wet a lot and gather pinecones to try and slip in the house with.

He moves this bed around to all areas of the living room. He decides where he wants to lay down and moves it there. He knows sit and stay, but they are so hard because he really wants to just move.



It has been a slow week around here with not too much to tell. Thursdays is my mom day. We had to go to Pensacola yesterday to her dermatologist appointment. We are switching that over here for next year. It is going to get harder for her to go to Pensacola over time, so I have gradually tried to move things locally. She wanted to shoe shop yesterday. I was dragging, but we did it. I think I was asleep by 7:00 last night which might explain why I feel better today.

Lemony, the sweet girl.


My only other new news is that I have two trips planned. Lindsay and I are going to New York later this month. We are going to take a few days and have a mother /daughter time in NYC. I am excited about just being with her.

The other trip is to Haiti this summer as part of a mission group. My prayer warrior friends can go ahead and put me on your prayer list for that. I will share more about it later. I honestly did NOT want to go, but the Lord just wouldn't let me say no. It will involve me pulling out teacher stuff out. I had really turned that switch off, but it has to be pulled back out soon as I need to start planning pronto.



I will be back soon with more interesting things to look at and read.

Have a great Friday everyone,
Sandy


15 comments:

  1. I love to see you sweet dog! With the funny freckles on his nose. And that he takes his bed with him. So funny. You could write all sorts of stories about such a dog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love his freckles. He is our 4th Springer over the last 30+ years. It makes him look unique. He is quite a story.

      Delete
    2. Great! Love to read more :-)

      Delete
  2. Sandy, glad you are feeling better. Continue to take it easy when your body says it needs to so you don't relapse. Your upcoming trip with your daughter sounds like fun. I love the snapshots of Gus and Miss Lemony. Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Robin. Sometimes you just have to give up. I feel much better today. Have a great weekend as well.

      Delete
  3. So sorry you had a relapse. Take care. I am putting you on my prayer list right now for the mission trip. I wish I could go with yall to NYC. That is my dream trip.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Arlene. Lindsay and I are excited about our little getaway. Truth be told, I am more excited about just being with her, but in New York is a plus. I will share more about the Haiti trip later.

      Delete
  4. Sandy, I hope your well on your way to feeling 100%. It's miserable being ill and having no energy. Especially when you are such an active person. Oh, your pup is growing up and has the sweetest face! I love when a pet wants to be with you all the time.
    How exciting you are coming for a visit to NYC!! I'd like to give you a recommendation for a great lunch...it's Lydia's restaurant Becco. It's in the theater district and they have a great lunch special but you have to make reservations. I have gone 3 times and have never been disappointed and it's a bargain for NYC. http://becco-nyc.com/menus/#lunch I love going into the city...I hope yo have a great visit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Mary. I think I am finally on the mend. Thanks for the recommendation. I have already sent it to Lindsay. It looks delicious, so I am hoping we can visit. I know we have a play scheduled for one night. She actually just went about two years ago. She has been dying to go again, so my son-in-law was very excited that I agreed to go this time.

      Delete
  5. So sorry to hear that you aren't feeling the best, Sandy... I think there is a lot of sickness going around when the seasons transition.

    Gus looks like quite the character--love the fact that he moves his little bed around to a location that suits him!! Too funny :)

    And your trip with your daughter sounds delightful. My brother, who is a surgeon, goes to Haiti each year for a week to help out. He comes home exhausted, but so fulfilled. Best of luck to you and the others on your mission trip!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am really excited about being with my daughter. I know we will have fun together. I am beginning to wrap my mind around the Haiti trip. I was a little unsure about pulling the teacher mind out again, but I am sure it will all come together.

      Delete
  6. Gus is a darling...you can almost see the mischief in his eyes. LOL! And, Lemony is so special and my very favorite kind of dog. The trip to New York will be a blast with your daughter. Just having mother and daughter time is so important. Will you see a play? I know lots of people that do mission trips to Haiti each year and they wouldn't miss it. It is a very fulfilling feeling when you are done doing God's work. RJ

    ReplyDelete
  7. All dog stories and dog photos are always welcome on blog posts. So glad to see your pups!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can deliver. The doggies keep me entertained for sure.

      Delete
  8. Sandy, I’m just now getting back to blog reading, and I’m so glad your feeling better. I will definitely put you on the prayer list. I certainly know something about my plans vs. His. Judy

    ReplyDelete

I am so glad you stopped by my little blog. Drop in again anytime.
Sincerely,
Sandy