Thursday, May 24, 2018

Stitching Plans Gone Awry

I have started adding a few small touches of patriotic color to the house. I made new ribbons for the swans outside and added some flags to the flowers.




I added a tie to Mr. Bunny who welcomes guests.



I brought out my cross stitch piece that led to a whole lot of feeling sad because I really wanted to have a lot more small pieces done by this time. I really let myself get all mopey for about a half a day before I caught myself.



I have so many patriotic pieces I want to do and had planned to do before Memorial Day came along. I think I spent too much time of Home of a Needleworker that is still at the framers. I chided myself for doing such a large piece when I had told myself I was going to do more small pieces.

I started Lady Liberty and then didn't like her on the thread count that I started her on...changed her to a smaller piece and messed up so she is being laid aside for a little while. I am going to stitch on patriotic pieces along for a little while, but they won't be done for this year. I will have to be ok with that.

I am stitching a small dog for a June birthday for my son. That will take priority and then I will see what happens next.

I am hoping to get some time in the sewing room today to finish my summer pillow. I have had lots of goings and comings for the first part of the week.

We are expecting a lot of rain --not sure if it will be more --- this weekend. I shared my son-in-law's job site with my last post. He is NOT looking forward to the rain this weekend. I am praying it will not put it too far behind.

That is about it around here. Pretty dull, but that is the way I like it.


Hoping to see my sewing room today,
Sandy



9 comments:

  1. "Dull" is not all bad. Like you, I rather like it. Maybe it's my age.

    In my cross stitching days, I could never get done all of the wonderful projects that I had planned. There are just so many wonderful ideas out there!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dull is good. After years of running and now watching my kids run, if I get a day to just be home I am happy.
      There are just so many cute things out there to stitch that it can almost drive me nutty:)

      Delete
  2. Oh, that "Freedom" piece is absolutely beautiful! I love the blue frame. It is just perfect. I think that it is actually nicer than a lot of little stitches, at least for this year. Your flowers are lovely too. Hope you got into your sewing room today!

    Hope you got into your sewing room!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mrs. T. I did love that Freedom piece. I put the patriotic pieces aside for now and will have something to look forward to. I am headed in to make my pillow as soon as I quit my commenting.:) Stay tuned.

      Delete
  3. HooRay for the red, white and blue!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is that time. I love decorating with a few patriotic things. Of course, I love our country and even with all its problems we are still so blessed to live here.

      Delete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sandy, I love your Freedom piece. That blue frame really sets it off. I have a friend who decided to stitch 1 patriotic small per month so she could have a basket/bowl one year. Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, that Freedom finish is so wonderful, Sandy--that is worth five smalls in my opinion :)

    Not dull--tranquil :) That is the way I like things, too! Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete

I am so glad you stopped by my little blog. Drop in again anytime.
Sincerely,
Sandy