Sunday, May 20, 2018

Weekend Roundup

I am going to start at the end of the weekend and go backwards.

While watching American Idol, I put the last stitches in my monochromatic Little House Needleworks stitch called "Summer." I love it. For some reason unknown to me I don't think I realized the top border was ladybugs until I finished it. It is quite obvious to me now.



The plan is to make a pillow for the church pew. (Stay tuned)

Hubby, Mother, the dogs, and I took a boat ride around the bay this afternoon. We let the dogs out to swim and that is always something they both enjoy.

Church was exceptionally good this morning; such an inspiring message. I am still mulling it over.

Saturday evening Hubby and I drove out to meet the daughter and son-in-law and eat out while letting Tyler share the work at his job site.

Let me just brag on my son-in-law if I may. He is the project manager for a condo being built out on 30A. It is right on the Gulf. It is 5 stories, with the bottom being the parking garage.



The top level has two penthouse suites with each their own private pools on the top level. Tyler showed me how the physics worked for supporting that much weight. That is just me needing to know such things. I am always wanting to know how things can hold up so much weight. Kind of a weird obsession of mine. Drives Hubby batty:)



Oh and the price tag on a penthouse suite...a cool $6 million.

The lowest level has a great view still and a great patio looking out at the Gulf and the remaining condo units' pool. They go for $1.9 million I believe he said.



They are all bought though.

I love the house next door. One of the original beach homes instead of a condo.



Yesterday, Hubby and I tagged teamed the remainder of the yard work. We finished putting straw in the side bed and the rose beds. The roses may be beginning to look a bit straggly due to the approaching heat, but the pine straw prettied them up. I should have taken a new picture.

We tackled the side walk on the side of the house that was completely covered with oak and magnolia leaves halfway down and the pine straw near the bottom of the walkway. It was so high that blowing it off wasn't working, so we raked and got it all up. Looked so nice.



We finished blowing off the bottom back decks.

Y'all our yard looks great and is ready for summer. I just need to get the patriotic ribbons and flags going.


Let's see I also finished my John Grisham book, Camino Island. It was a decent read. I would actually say it made a good beach read, because I knocked out the two biggest reading chunks while sitting on the beach last week. I have started a biography which is my typical self. I am finding it very inspiring.

I will be back with shorter posts this week.

Feels so good to have the yard work done. Now, to just keep all the flowers watered.

Feeling a slight bit accomplished and uplifted tonight,
Sandy

15 comments:

  1. Well silly me. I thought those ladybugs were houses with 3 chimneys on each. I now clearly see that they are insects. Very nice project! I love getting to see your projects.

    The condo story was very interesting. What a neat career your son-in-law has! As I read I decided that while the penthouse options are too rich for my blood, maybe I could reserve one of the lower ones. But now that you've shared the price of them as well, well.... I guess I can't do that either! Ha-ha!!

    Congrats on all the work you got done in your yard this weekend. Accomplishment is a good feeling!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, the screened in porch and public accesses to the beach sound a bit more reasonable:) He has found this job to be a big challenge, but I think it is just beginning. The condos are all sold which means women will be wanting to change things and a woman with that kind of money...I don't know...sounds like a challenge to me.
      I have been praying lots for him.

      Delete
  2. I love your finished piece and it will look perfect on the pew. Oh to have a condo at the beach...that would be my dream! If my ship comes in, purchasing one will be first on my list. We had a nice weekend. Marvin went to GA and got he bees moved to their hive with no problem at all. Also work is starting on our retaining wall and steps to the pond. Hope it goes quickly. I went to the North Alabama Stitchers group and what a fun time. There were about 12 of us in attendance. Wait until you see the picture of a chatelaine that I am going to post on Saturday. It was amazing and made my stitching efforts seem pretty feeble. Hope you have a good week. School is out here on Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can only imagine what pretty things you saw with 12 other stitchers. I am quite sure the ugly head of compassion could rear its head, but remember it is fun for us whether we can do all the stuff others can or not.
      I can't wait to hear more about it.

      Delete
  3. Good morning, Sandy. Love your Little House stitching project. What I would do to have a condo on the beach!! Have a wonderful week dear Sandy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Katie. I think we would all love that view.

      Delete
  4. It sounds like you had a busy and productive weekend, Sandy. Your monochrome stitch looks super; love the blue thread color used. I thought the ladybugs were strawberries. Enjoy your Monday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That blue has been one of my favorite of the special threads. It is called Ocean Tide by Classic Colorworks. I definitely want to use it again for something.

      Delete
  5. I thought the ladybugs were strawberries too at first glance! Your project turned out very pretty.

    What a lot of responsibility your son-in-law has! This must be such a challenging project yet very interesting. And what a job site! (Though I would not enjoy being the residents in the beach house next door while construction is going on!)

    I would be fine with "just" a lake house ... but that said, I wouldn't turn down an ocean front one either. Neither is likely so I will continue to be content surrounded by forest!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I couldn't help but think the people who own the house next to the condo have to be sad. Tyler has met them. They don't live there full time. He does have a lot of pressure with the job. This is his first one that is the full fledged project manager. There has been a bit of stress, but lots of learning with it.
      I think the forest is pretty good too. Home Sweet Home.

      Delete
  6. Oh my goodness, that water view! :)

    Keep on stitching girl. You are very talented.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He has great working conditions but stressful since it is such a large building. You are right ---great view though. He hopes to spend the night there before it is final.

      Delete
  7. I love your summer piece, Sandy! I stitched it last year and when I look at mine, I still see strawberries rather than ladybugs :) Maybe because I like strawberries more! I look forward to your pillow finish.

    Wow, that is quite a condo--I imagine the people will have gorgeous views from the top! But, I think I still prefer that nice little house next door!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ok, so after all the comments...I am now thinking ladybugs is not it. I may need to increase my readers:) I swear when I finished it I thought they were ladybugs and not strawberries.
      I would so prefer the little house next door. In fact, I really hate to see those condos going up because slowly those little beach houses are disappearing. In the past a drive along 30A was lots of beach houses on stilts. Now more condos... not really high rises, but definitely a different look.

      Delete
  8. I love the idea of making pillows for the pews at church. Love your stitching!!

    ReplyDelete

I am so glad you stopped by my little blog. Drop in again anytime.
Sincerely,
Sandy