Friday, June 22, 2018

A Little Bit of Everything

Stitching
I finished the Santa ornament last night. I really have no clue how I am going to fully finish it. I have that and my Home of Needleworker to do. Maybe this weekend???!!!




I have another ornament that is halfway done that I will work on next to finish.



Doggies
Lemony is so much better. I can not say really for sure what happened to her, but she has the longest reach E-V-E-R. We had salads the Tuesday evening and we placed our leftover stuff in the middle sink where the disposal is. I had also placed the skillet that I sautéed some chicken in. She is well-known for waiting until I turn my back and then stretching out her neck over into the sink and cleaning it out. I didn't clean the kitchen up immediately which I usually do and even if I walk away I watch what I leave in the sink because of her. I just got distracted and she cleaned off the skillet and ate the leftover greens, carrots, etc. The culprit though was a few grapes. My husband didn't eat his grapes. I don't think she had more than 4 and they were small and organic. IF it wasn't that, then I have no clue.

I knew the next morning she wasn't well, because she left half her kibbles in her bowl. She is a gobbler and eats everything you give her. Then a little while later she came to me and upchucked. That led to vomiting for most of Wednesday morning. I called my most wonderful vet and got her some medicines.

This morning she came back to life, but most all day yesterday, she was mopey and wouldn't even drink water. I was very worried about the grapes. They are on the NO NO list for pups.

She is all good now though.

Sweet girl doesn't like the camera, but she is all happy again.

Gus was very unhappy with all the attention she was getting and tore up one of my baskets in the living room that I keep on the bottom shelf of the coffee table while I took Mom to the doctor yesterday morning. He also wee weed in the house.

He did have a big evening last night. The twins, our niece's kids are visiting form Houston. Katelyn fell in love with him at Thanksgiving and couldn't wait to see him again. He got a full workout from her.

Mother
Now onto Mother, she advanced to a cane yesterday. I went to get her to go to the doctor and she said she just felt like she could do it. I will take that. The doctor said it was doing well and she should heal well. Now, we just need to keep her sinuses clear and get her to eat. She lost about 5 more pounds in all of this on a already small frame.

Gardening
I remembered why I didn't do petunias as they were doing awful in the heat. Not to be outdone, I decided to research what to do since they had been so pretty. I have been deadheading them all wrong. I also learned that you can prune them. I did that yesterday afternoon, so I will keep you posted on if all this works. I also have to water twice a day at this point and that isn't just petunias. It is just Florida.

Summer
Summer is here. It is already hot hot hot. I am going to enjoy summer though. As I get older I don't long for the days to pass too quickly. I have a couple more busy busy weeks leading up to my trip to Haiti, but when I return I hope to slow down and enjoy the long days. I want to use that paddle board while I am still young enough to navigate it around the bayou.

I think that is enough for now. Have a great weekend everyone.
Sandy


18 comments:

  1. Your ornaments are beautiful!
    All's well that ends well. I'm glad your Lemony is ok now. Also about the good news regarding your mother.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I really enjoy stitching. It is a hobby that is easily done with just a little bit of time and effort. I did have good news yesterday...felt good too.

      Delete
  2. I'm glad your mother got a good report and you can see improvement. I hope she'll keep trying to get better. Glad Lemony is better too. We've been fortunate to get some showers so far and not have to water. But it's HOT so we have to keep an eye on everything! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It has been dry here so far and just hot. I would love that happy medium, but that is not usually how it works. I do hope Mom will get a little motivation too. Lemony is back to herself. Not sure if it was the grapes or not, but she was a sick girl.

      Delete
  3. So glad Lemony is feeling better and that your mom got a good report! Answered prayers! I hope you have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so relieved to hear that Lemony is much better. I am glad to hear that your Mom is healing nicely. The Santa ornament looks good and I like the skin change. Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Much better news today for everyone. Mother still has a ways to go, but she is healing. The skin change helped a bunch on the Santa.

      Delete
  5. A lovely catch up blog post, Sandy, so good to hear that your mum is on the mend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy to hear Lemony is on the mend and your Mom is making progress. Too bad you have to rip out Santa's face but he is looking much better!! I'm curious as to how you can deadhead wrong?? When I see the flowers wilting I pull them off, is that wrong?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Only with some flowers. I have researched and learned that I was deadheading the petunias wrong if I didn't want them to become leggy. I will share pictures in a post this week. I found a very interesting video. I am trying it on one of the petunias and going to see if it works:)

      Delete
  7. I didn't know grapes are bad for pups. I supposed they tend to swallow them whole and then they don't break down readily in the digestive tract? Sounds miserable till they pass on through. I'm glad your pup is coming out of it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I read all kinds of articles from it will be fatal to it takes a pretty good amount for a large dog like Lemony (Golden). Who knows? Either way she was a really sick girl all that day. As the next day rolled on, she got better and better and was fully fine and ready to rumble by afternoon. I am grateful and will be a bit better about turning on the disposal immediately. Tall dogs open up a whole new set of things to watch for.

      Delete
  8. Love your Santa stitch Sandy. He is adorable. You know how much I love Lemony so I'm so happy to hear he is doing well now. How scary! Also thrilled to hear your Mom is doing so much better and hope she continues to recover.
    You will come up with a great idea for your stitch I'm certain. RJ

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good to see you and Mary back blogging. Hope all is well. Lemony is back to normal and Mother is progressing well. Started stitching today on my winning Batty from you guys.

      Delete
  9. So glad Lemony is feeling so much better, Sandy. And good news about your mom, too. You sure have had your hands full.

    Your little Santa is so cute--I look forward to seeing your finish of him :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I’m so glad Lemmony is fine and your mom is improving. I’ve been growing petunias for 15 years and love them. Last May one of my students gave me a petunia plant. It seemed to be nearing the end of its season—how sad. After reading there was a right and a wrong way to prune I did a little research and now I’m really excited to get my pink petunias blooming again. Thank you so much. Judy

    ReplyDelete

I am so glad you stopped by my little blog. Drop in again anytime.
Sincerely,
Sandy