Thursday, August 2, 2018

The Rest of the Vacation House Tour

I am giving you the final scoop on the house; the bedrooms.

One bedroom is downstairs.
The bedroom has a focal wall painted. Haven't seen that done in a while. My initial thought was it was really bright and would need painting, but it has really grown on me.



The bath is right outside of the bedroom and is the bathroom for guests.

I have the dogs' water bowl in here as they make such a mess on the wood floor.

It is painted the same as the gray in the living room.






Now, for the upstairs tour.

Up the stairs and you come to the second bedroom which is still waiting on the rest of the bed to be brought up from home. This is Lindsay and Tyler's room furniture that is going to be the baby's room. They are keeping it here for now.


A bathroom is actually inside the bedroom to the right.



Then there is the upstairs hallway with lots of storage and the laundry room with the master at the far end.




Master bath.


With all my stuff sitting out.

The master bedroom. I love the color of the walls. It is a blue gray. I took these in the evening so the color is hard to see.
The door leads out to the balcony.




Out the balcony. The house in front is not all that cute from this angle, but it is adorable from the front. It reminds me more of Seaside than anything else.



Oh and I love the chalkboard that is the bottom of the stairs just before you reach the kitchen.




All in all I am quite smitten with the home. I think we will enjoy the home for a very long time.
I am done wearing out visitors of the blog with pictures. Back to the same old same old around here.
Sandy






11 comments:

  1. I enjoyed the tour of your vacation home, Sandy! I love the color of the master bedroom and the green accent wall goes well with the quilt on the bed in the guest room. Was the chalkboard there when you purchased the house or did you bring it with you?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies

    1. Thanks Robin, I always get a bit nervous about sharing that kind of thing. I can share stitching or crafting all day long, but no so much on the house although I love seeing what others have done. The chalkboard was there. I think it is great. IT would be great for a family. I think I will add the football schedule on the area below the calendar soon. I really like all the colors too. We have gotten away from color these days, but I am a lover of color.

      Delete
  2. I just love this house...the layout, the colors etc....You will have to take up chalk board painting like Priscilla!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Arlene, I am really liking it as well. I am home now. I had the fence guy come by before I left to give us a quote on adding a little more fencing so I can let the dogs out without them running up to every neighbor that walks by. It is a neighborhood of walkers. I think we are going to enjoy it. I do not have Priscilla's talent. Whew! That would be wonderful. I think the most it will get for now it is the football schedule written underneath the calendar:)
      I sent you an email!

      Delete
  3. Sandy I love your Auburn home. Would LOVE to have a place to get away too. You are very blessed. I'm loving the small tile in the first bathroom and the grey paint colors look fantastic and very in style right now. By any chance do you know the paint color names? The blackboard is awesome...great idea!!! RJ

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do know the color of that grey because I looked it to match the brown for the colors and buying the rug. It is by Behr and called Suede Gray. I think the owners had done a lot to upgrade the downstairs. I do know we are blessed. Looking forward to using it.

      Delete
  4. I've been traveling, Sandy and am just now catching up on my blogging friends :) Love this newest part of your house tour--it is really coming together so well and the colors are great! How fun that giant chalkboard will be :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would probably like the chalkboard at home more than away but it is so cute. I can see where it would have been command central as well as a cute place to do a seasonal drawing.

      Delete
  5. Sandy, I love your new home!! Gus has made himself at home too! The hex tile in the bath is gorgeous and I love your moody blue/grey bedroom, how wonderful that it has shutters and having a fireplace in a bedroom is so romantic. I hope you have many, many happy years here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am really loving the colors as well. That Gus is a mess!

      Delete
  6. Wouldn't that balcony be nice for stitching?AriadnefromGreece!

    ReplyDelete

I am so glad you stopped by my little blog. Drop in again anytime.
Sincerely,
Sandy