Monday, November 5, 2018

Weekend Wrap-up

We headed out to Auburn for the weekend on Friday midday. With Tucker's arrival our football tickets have been used by others rather than us this year. Oh well, Tucker has been worth it. Good friends have kept the seats warm.

With Tucker in mind, I stopped in Montgomery to buy him a couple of outfits. There is a small window of time that a boy can wear those cute little smocked outfits and since I still have a pleater sitting out on my sewing counter with two pieces to practice smocking on, therefore... I am not thinking I am going to have anything done by Christmas. I am thinking that just maybe I can make him one for Easter.
Anyway, I really am going to give it a good effort.
I might have gone a little nutty, but this is some of his allotted Christmas money. What can he open this year? He can look snazzy for Thanksgiving and Christmas though. The trucks hold pumpkins and the little doggie reminded of their Boykin, Hallie.
We ate out with good friends Friday evening and went to an exhibition basketball game. The early game on Saturday turned out to be a great one if you are for Auburn. Lots of fun.

I took very few pictures this weekend. I guess that means I was having lots of fun. We took the dogs and I got in a Saturday morning walk and the weather was amazing this weekend. I actually got to wear a sweatshirt to the game. 

We took the Hoosier cabinet that belonged to my great grandparents to the Auburn house. I had hoped I would be able to use it in the kitchen or dining area. I had plans to make a coffee bar out of it, but that didn't work out. I absolutely can not complain as I LOVE this Auburn house we bought. IT is pretty close to perfect in every way. I ended up putting it in the downstairs bedroom. I will used it like a dresser. This is the bedroom Mom sleeps in when she goes, so she said she would like a place to lay things...now, she has it.

I will add a framed picture of my great grandparents and to the cabinet at some point. 

I want to get some pillow shams to use with the quilt eventually. It was a special gift from one of my Mother's lifelong friends. 
When we got home yesterday we went to the movies. I have been dying to see "First Man" based on the book by Auburn professor, James R. Hansen. There had been controversy about the not planting the flag. Well, take it from me a "a very patriotic girl" that is an amazing movie and if you see it you won't see that a flag was not planted. It is more than patriotic and very evident from beginning to end that it tells the story of America first! I promise! 

Jeff and I both came out and said that controversy was stupid and not correct. We both loved it and in my opinion just illustrates we need to think for ourselves.


It would be impossible to tell his entire story in a short movie, so I think they did a great job in a short span of time. The book was amazing.

I am stitching an ornament that is taking me a long time. The reason is those darn half stitches. I am making it to look a little retro if you think 1987 is retro. In other words I am doing it on 14 count Aida which is what I used in 1987. The half window reminds me of the window in our great room. I am actually going to stitch 1987 as that is the date because when we moved in that house. We built it and brought both kids home from the hospital there, and we lived there until both were in middle school. We all loved that home so much. It is around the corner from us and we hate how the people who live there now let the yard go. I put a lot of work into that yard. Oh well, I am getting off topic...


My sewing counter still has two Santa ornaments that need to be finished. Today is the day. Stay tuned!

I am leaving you with two sweet Tucker pictures. I am going to out to see my sweet little boy today. Can't wait...


He always looks like he is thinking. It is probably more that he is interested in the camera.

I should have more than one post in me this week. We will see.
Sandy






9 comments:

  1. LOVE those smocked outfits...perfect for fall and winter. I know you will get an Easter outfit done for him. Thanks for sharing about the movie. I will probably watch it when it is on DVD. I just watched Chappaquiddick this weekend.( I got it at the library). I have to say the movie was very accurate and not flattering to Ted Kennedy. But the interesting thing was, I had forgotten that Chappaquiddick happened the same weekend as the moon landing. Anyway, you might like to watch it if you have netflix or you are cheap like me and wait for the library to get it. I believe in using my public library. I know you can hardly wait to get to hold that precious boy! He is growing like a weed!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tucker is adorable. It sounded like you had a most enjoyable weekend in Auburn. Those outfits for Tucker are really snazzy. Good progress on your ornament! Have a good week, Sandy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We forget all of our comments when we see the pics of Tucker! What a handsome fellow he is and how cute are those new outfits! Enjoy your week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. (smile) Yes, 1987 is kinda retro for us anymore. That was a long time ago. I like your needlework, of course (I am one of your biggest fans when it comes to cross stitch!).

    Tucker is very cute. He looks like a thinker. He's most surely a very smart lil' guy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sandy, oh I love the outfits you chose for Tucker! They are each so sweet and love the Nativity scene on the first one! Your Hoosier cabinet is gorgeous! It looks great in the bedroom. ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Gina. I went in looking for only smocked outfits, but the Nativity scene was just perfect. I saw lots of ideas to maybe sew myself if I can carve out some time. I was so glad I found a place for the cabinet. I really really wanted to keep it and have no place for it at home, so now I can enjoy it every time we visit Auburn.

      Delete
  6. Oh, aren't those the cutest little outfits! Boys clothes sure have come a long way since my sons were small :) Really love the one with the pumpkins in the trunk. I hope your smocking works out--I still remember the adorable smocked dresses my grandmother made for me when I was little. Love little Tucker--such a cutie pie :)

    Thanks for the recommendation on the movie--I haven't seen a good movie in a long time.

    Such a pretty project and I look forward to seeing your finished ornaments.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Tucker is adorable and so are the outfits you chose for him.

    So happy you found a good place for the Hoosier cabinet. It works fine in the guest room. Looks like a very cozy room. Love the quilt!

    And your window ornament is looking lovely. Pretty sure I have the same magazine; maybe I should look that up and ease back into cross stitch with an ornament. Looks like most of my Christmas projects are going to be crochet or sewing.

    Loved reading your update!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh such a cutie pie in his Auburn outfit. Those smocked outfits are adorable. RJ

    ReplyDelete

I am so glad you stopped by my little blog. Drop in again anytime.
Sincerely,
Sandy