Saturday, November 17, 2018

Winter Pillow Finish

I finished the final pillow of my Little House Needleworks monochromatic seasons. I started just after Christmas last year with the spring pillow. I had asked for these for Christmas. I made a wish list on 123Stitch. I enjoyed stitching each one of these. The called for colors of thread were with each pattern. I loved each and every color.

When it came time to do the winter, I just felt it needed something other than tan for the linen. The blue was perfect.


I ran down to the quilting fabric store down the street and found the fabric for it. It has a house and snowy trees motif on it. I thought it was just perfect. 


Since fall didn't really arrive this year in northwest Florida I took all my fall decor down yesterday. I decided I had to get the pillow finished and it is already on display early for the season. Considering where I live it will take all I can do not to place spring out early next year, so I decided why not?!

I love how it turned out. Here are all the seasonal pillows. I really enjoyed stitching these. Isn't it fun when you enjoy your stitches?


I am leaving you with a Tucker picture today. He is one month old. I will share more Gus and Lemony later. BTW, they love him.


I am on a finishing roll today. I have my other Prairie Schooler Santa in progress and the half window ornament only needs its cording added. I should have them to share next week if all goes well.

Today was really a beautiful day, so I guess fall was here today. Sunny and a high of 69. I should be ashamed to say it didn't show up this year, but it really was a flop.

Finishing fool,
Sandy

8 comments:

  1. Hi Sandy,
    The winter pillow is a dream and you have found the perfect fabric for it. And together with your other pillows you have a great decoration.
    Tucker is a sweet little man, I believe you enjoy being a grandma
    Happy Sunday, Martina

    ReplyDelete
  2. The winter pillow looks great. You have found the perfect winter fabric.
    I like yout four seasons pillow.
    Have a nice Sunday. Manuela

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tucker is so cute! He will grow up to be a dog-lover, for sure, in your family!

    Your seasonal pillows are really pretty. The color choices are perfect. They look good on that wood bench.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love all the pillows together...what a nice display. I might just leave them all out all year. And that Tucker...so cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a super photo of Tucker! Hard to believe he is a month already; that month went quickly! Your winter pillow turned out fabulous, Sandy. I love it on the blue fabric and the backing fabric is perfect. Thank you for sharing a picture of the four of them! Enjoy your Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sandy: Oh my gosh Tucker is so adorable.
    I am loving your new pillow finish, it is a beauty.
    I hope you have a lovely Thanksgiving
    Oh my 69 it was a balmy 6 degrees when we got up at odark hundred this morning, brrrrrr.

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sandy, your winter pillow is gorgeous and perfect for the season. I truly love it and the linen choice you made. The backing fabric could not be more perfect. I so wish I had a quilt shop down the street. Does you quilt shop have an online store by any chance?

    I love all four seasons of pillows...each one is so special.

    And speaking of special...little Tucker is so adorable. He looks very handsome in his Auburn attire. RJ@stitchingfriendsforever

    ReplyDelete
  8. So much cuteness in this post, Sandy! That sweet Tucker is just precious--I think I wouldn't be able to put him down! And your final pillow in the series turned out great. I really do need to get back to my autumn one and also start the winter one :)

    ReplyDelete

I am so glad you stopped by my little blog. Drop in again anytime.
Sincerely,
Sandy