Wednesday, December 12, 2018

An Ornament Finish

I completed the baby ornament yesterday as planned.

I think I am getting better with the finishing. Just gotta keep practicing.



The backing is a table cloth I bought on sale at Tuesday Morning one time. It has been sitting in my sewing room closet for a project such as this. I thought the fabric was wonderful and I wouldn't be able to buy fabric with that quality or price, so I picked it up. I would like to make some cloth napkins from it. Maybe one day:)


Delivering today and getting some sugar too.


I have several more posts in me for December if I can just find some time. I like to document the house decor as well as maybe get Lindsay to take some of her house.

I am back to my Auburn Santa and itching to start a winter one that caught my eye.


I don't plan to stitch the word wisdom...maybe winter. I just loved the pinecones and birds.

Be back soon.
Sandy

10 comments:

  1. I have moved on to winter stitching as well. I started Bleu Skin by Plum Street last night. Your cording looks great. I am going to have to give that a try in the New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tucker's ornament is just darling. I love the fabric you used for the backing. What a good idea on the use of a tablecloth!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Tucker's ornament. So darling. Have a wonderful week, dear Sandy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tucker's ornament is so cute. Everyone will love it and what a keepsake. Your tablecloth was wonderful as the backing fabric. I have bought tablecloth for nice fabric too in the past. This is really a great plaid. Like what you are planning to stitch next. RJ

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your finish of Tucker's ornament is so sweet. Just love it.

    Yesterday I was able to do some stitching while watching 2+ floss tube videos (2 by Pricilla & her daughter and most of 1 by Saltbox Stitcher). It's like sitting with friends while sewing -- except they do all the talking!!! ha-ha!

    Have a blessed day. Keep stitching as time allows. You know I love every single project you make.

    ReplyDelete
  6. P.S. Are you able to share with us the name/source of the pattern for Tucker's ornament? Also, (and you've probably already stated this) the count of the fabric used? ~thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sandy, Your finishing on Tuckers ornament is perfect! I love that fabric, I had a kilt skirt in High school that looked just like that fabric! I adore that chart and I think it will be a perfect "winter" stitch.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That sweet ornament is adorable, Sandy. Do you plan to stitch him one each year? And yes--the more you finish, the better you get :)

    So funny as I was just eyeing a plaid tablecloth to buy for finishing fabric the other day. It was a bit pricey so I decided to wait until the sales.

    I just bought that chart, too!! Love the chickadee in it--in fact I love the whole series. Already have the cardinals kitted up. Just need January to roll around so I have time to stitch again :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. That ornament is fabulous, Sandy. Straight lines on the back. Impressive. 😊. Judy

    ReplyDelete

I am so glad you stopped by my little blog. Drop in again anytime.
Sincerely,
Sandy