Tuesday, December 4, 2018

Blogging Comments Solved on the Mac

If you don't have a MacBook and use Safari you can totally skip this post. I will leave y'all with a picture of Tucker meeting Santa. Lindsay said he slept the whole time.

For those of you who have had problems with commenting...keep reading for help.



Now onto commenting business.

I never quite solved my commenting problem which consisted of not being able to comment on blogger blogs BECAUSE I could not stay signed into my Google account.

Therefore I couldn't comment from my iPhone as well.

I cleared my history as many suggested to no avail. 

I could comment to those whose comments came up in a pop up box which now makes total sense since I finally read a solution that worked.

It all started when I did an update.

I even caved and downloaded Firefox which I didn't like as much as Safari BECAUSE if you have a Mac then you know you can use your mouse pad and enlarge things on the screen. Good to get details of those stitching pics. It doesn't work on Firefox:(

Today I finally found two sites to guide me to a solution. 

It occurred with a privacy setting which is why it probably doesn't cause a problem on the pop up box...nothing to track.

I found this site which explains it well.

You have to go to Safari in the upper left corner, click on Preferences, choose Privacy, then uncheck "pervent cross-site tracking.

The above link explains it well.

Then I found the same solution on an Apple discussion board that I had been visiting for awhile. 


I can assure myself "they" (not sure who) are tracking my every move anyway.. Alexa, my iPhone, traffic lights, etc.

Hope it helps someone else. I clicked out of it and now I am signed in again and able to comment on all my favorite blogs.

I am back in business on Safari which makes me happy.
Sandy



               


12 comments:

  1. You are a genius!! And Tucker is sweet as pie but then you know that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He is so sweet. I need to freeze time. I saw a thing on Twitter from one of GW's letters where he said he wanted to be around to see his grandkids grow up. I totally understand.

      Delete
  2. I don't have a MAC but I loved seeing sweet little Tucker with Santa. We were stationed in a very remote place when Michael was young and so we have no photos of him with Santa. Boo hoo! We do have him with a big bunny at Easter when we finally could travel out of the snow bound northern part of Maine. RJ

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sandy,
    Oh what a cute picture of Tucker. You have to frame that. It´s great.
    Hugs Martina

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Sandy,
    a lovely photo from your grandchild Tucker.
    Best wishes Manuela

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sandy, I am so with you on this stuff. We have Macs here and use Safari. A month or so ago I suddenly began having the problems with leaving comments and to make a long story short, my problem had something to do with an update Beloved had recently made on both of our computers. He fixed it. I am a happy camper. I am so glad you've found a solution for your problems as well. It is downright scary how much we depend on our computers and social media these days. I don't think there is any going back, but it sure can be a thorny place at times.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You're smart to figure this out and explain it so well! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sandy: What a beautiful Baby Tucker is, such a sweet photo of him and Santa.

    Merry Christmas
    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Sandy... I don't have problems commenting but I have heard some people tell me that they can't comment on my blog. Thanks for the heads up. Baby Tucker is precious. Enjoy your week.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm sure you helped many, Sandy--so nice of you take the time to post a solution. I haven't had issues, thankfully :)

    Such sweet photos of your Tucker!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, Sandy, that grandbaby of yours—so sweet. 🥰

    ReplyDelete

I am so glad you stopped by my little blog. Drop in again anytime.
Sincerely,
Sandy