Tuesday, December 11, 2018

Trying to Catch Up

We left on Thursday afternoon for our Auburn home to getaway for a few days and to visit the annual antique tent sale. I feel like since the calendar flipped over to December I have been on a fast moving treadmill. It has all been good, but last night I fell asleep on the couch around 8:00. I think that is a good indicator that I need to slow down.

I have a few errands to run this morning and then I hope to settle into a nice quiet day at home with Christmas music in the background. HOWEVER, the painter just showed up. Oh yes, the never ending saga... He has doors to finish so I know my nice quiet day will probably not be, but at least I will be at home.

Last Wednesday on my shopping trip in Fairhope, I realized that my daughter would like for me to cross stitch an ornament for Tucker. I sent her a hundred (not really a hundred, but lots) of pictures for her to choose from. I was going to go all fancy. She chose a rather simple one. I whipped it out over the weekend in Auburn. I had hoped to fully finish it yesterday, but I had to take Mama around town for quite a few things and like I said I was pooped yesterday evening.



I will fully finish today and share tomorrow hopefully.

That little boy is growing like a weed and changing every day.

 


The antique sale was fortunately a bit overpriced this year. I say fortunate because Hubby would want to buy something and quite honestly as much as I love stuff I didn't need a thing. Well, I did want a pair of barley twist candlesticks for the Auburn house mantle.

I did get those, but that was the only purchase.



We had planned to take an old desk to Auburn to put in the master bedroom that I once had in my sewing room. When that was remodeled it sat in the pool table room in the way for almost 5 years. We did take it up there, but it ended up at the back door where I was going to buy a shelf to just drop off the purse, keys, dog leashes, etc. I think it looked good there and will be a win that we have a place for it since it belonged to my mother-in-law and we didn't want to get rid of it. I didn't take a picture. Maybe next time.

We did just go to Hobby Lobby and purchase some shelves for the master bedroom on each side of the fireplace. I didn't really want any big purchase since there is a huge closet with shelves there. I don't really need a place to store much more since we just vacation there. I figured these could be used anywhere down the road if we change our mind.

I will shop home here to find things to put on the shelves.


I really need to do something with the cords and I will eventually.

IT rained like cats and dogs all weekend and was very cold, but I guess the upside is that it wasn't snowing like parts further north.

One of the things I like about Auburn is I get to see a change in seasons without too much travel or too much cold.

I haven't shared my house for Christmas and I always like to document that although I don't think a whole bunch has changed. My mom always took pictures of the house so I love looking back and seeing how things once looked. I have always done that too.

Planning to do some stitching and finishing today!!!!

Needing to hold a needle in my hand,
Sandy

8 comments:

  1. What a sweet ornament you stitched for Tucker! He is such a cutie; how can one resist being around him. It sounded like you had an enjoyable weekend in Auburn.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to start a new cross stitch but the sun is out so I hope to go on a hike this afternoon. It was a nice weekend! I enjoyed a rain day on Sunday with some football on tv. Love that precious grandson. So many fun things to do for him! Enjoy your day! Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have a quiet day at home. I am making cheese straws with my new cheese straw maker. We will see how it goes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh that is such an adorable first ornament for sweet Tucker. Everyone is going to love it. You are having so much in the Auburn home which I think is great. RJ@stitchingfriendsforever

    ReplyDelete
  5. A very cute ornament for Tucker.
    Manuela

    ReplyDelete
  6. Like you, I "need to hold a needle in my hand." Maybe this afternoon. I look forward to seeing the finish of Tucker's ornament. That is a real cute design.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, my! Tucker really IS growing by leaps and bounds! This little cute will be the center of attention at Christmas, I'm sure. Love the little bear you stitched, Sandy :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I do not document the house on purpose, but love looking back to see how things have changed. I also like documenting when we do work. Sometimes I just forget until a photo sparks my memory.

    ReplyDelete

I am so glad you stopped by my little blog. Drop in again anytime.
Sincerely,
Sandy