Tuesday, February 5, 2019

I'm Still Here

My computer finally died last week. I had to wait a day or two to take it in, and then it couldn't be repaired. It was a DINOSAUR as computers go, so I can truly say I am not all that sad about having to dole out the money for my new one. I have to tell you I got my money's worth from the old girl.

Almost as soon as I left the store the other night, I felt I had made the wrong decision to spend money on repairing it due to its age, so when they called today I was actually relieved. I hopped into my truck this evening and headed out to get my new one.

I am now ready to catch up on my blogs. I haven't commented much because it is just too doggone hard on my phone to do all that and then all that Blogger vs Apple stuff about signing in. I will now have to do all that again.

I will catch up in the coming days with y'all. You know how it is...you don't have your computer and your brain is full of things to say.

Gardening news...
Camellias are just so pretty this time of year. I think they are the best thing about winter! My little town is know as the Camellia City. My little street does its part in having plenty of them. Several houses on my street have them as dividers rather than fences. One such pictured below has about a dozen in a row. They are over 8 feet tall and the buds are all over it. If I think I of in a few weeks I will try and capture some more goodness for you. 





I am eagerly awaiting roses. I have fertilized and pruned a week early. I always do it by the 12th, but considering the weekly forecast I think I am safe. They have been budding new leaves already anyway.

Sewing news...
The last you heard I was humming out project bags. I have a few more of those lined up, but in the meantime I had to make curtains for my daughter's office. I just did that a month ago, but she had to move to another office...arrgh... IT was a way different size, so I whipped out some news. I thought they turned out pretty good for broadcloth from my stash. I just have them hanging on the sewing room cabinet knobs, but not too bad ---huh?!



Tucker time...
Y'all - he is the most precious thing in the world and growing like a weed. I am thoroughly enjoying myself. Mother comes over everyday to see him, so that it is really good for her!!!
As I was driving to Destin this evening to get my computer, I realized I am not getting to do my WINTER morning beach walks in, but he is so worth it.

Lindsay sent this tonight. He is sitting up in this contraption so she can get supper ready.

Doggies...
Lemony decided to sit in the sewing room with me while I was sewing the curtains the other day. I made her a pallet to sleep on. She doesn't usually join me in that room. I think she thinks she is too large for the room and in the way.
I loved having her in there with me.



I have much more to talk about, but time is limited this evening.

All has not been lost on no computer. I have been plodding along on my stitching. I am so close to being finished with my space shuttle stitch. I have the back stitching on the nose of the shuttle and the stars on the flag.


I am completely in love with this stitch. I plan to do more from this very old book. Hopefully, I will be back in a day or two with a finish on this.



Be back soon.
Sandy


12 comments:

  1. It was good catching up with you, Sandy. Sorry about your computer; hope your new one is smooth going. Tucker is so cute; what a smile he has! I love the shot of Lemony. Enjoy your week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A nice post.
    Tucker is very cute.
    Wonderful progress on your stitching project.
    Nice photos from your garden.
    Have a nice week.
    Best wishes Manuela

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad to see a post from you sweet friend. Yippee on a new computer. You will love it. And how talented are you to make two sets of curtains. I loaded up my new project bag with all my spring stitching. Once again...I love it. And Tucker...what a happy bright little face. I know you love the time you are investing in his little life.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sandy: If I had to give up coffee and chocolate for Tucker it would be worth it, he is positively adorable, he looks like the happiest Baby.
    I am loving that Shuttle design, it will be beautiful framed.
    We had to buy a new computer last month, it was not bad it only took one day top transfer the data from the old PC to the new one, I bet you noticed the new one is a lot faster.

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love camellias and when we moved this time last year my new yard came with 2! One huge one and another smaller one. I have since added 2 Yuletide and am getting 3 more for my birthday! I thought we were supposed to prune roses on Presidents Day? Mine are putting out leaves too so I guess I better get busy. Thank you for the pics of the camellias, they are huge and beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sandy, we have a lovely Camellia bush in our front yard. The flowers are stunning! How interesting that your town is known for them! Little Tucker has such a sweet smile!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Condolences on the old computer and Congrats on the new one! That is a big deal. I've missed you and just assumed Tucker had completely stolen you from us! (smile)

    Your Space Shuttle is really coming along! Looks great.

    And the Camillias - wow. Those are REALLY pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Best wishes with your new computer Sandy. I'm afraid mine is on the way out too.

    Little Tucker is just the sweetest. I adore his smile and I know he melts your heart.

    And look at my boy Lemony...he is the best! I have a big soft spot in my heart for Goldens. RJ

    ReplyDelete
  9. Tucker is such a cutie! He'll be a lady killer :-)

    Lemony is such a gorgeous dog!!

    Love your latest stitch and good luck with the new computer!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love seeing Tuckers photos!! He is such a happy baby!! Great job on the drapes,the edging is really nice and even better that you used what you had on hand. I am very envious of your greenery and flowers!!! We have been living in a brown, muddy world here so I'm actually looking forward to seeing snow again next week!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, now that may be my favorite Tucker photo--what a great smile he has :) He must love visiting Grandma Sandy's house!

    You are so sweet to make your daughter another set of curtains for her office--wow! They look great. Can you come make some for me--ha ha!!

    Enjoy your weekend, Sandy ♥

    ReplyDelete

I am so glad you stopped by my little blog. Drop in again anytime.
Sincerely,
Sandy