Thursday, February 14, 2019

Lavender for Valentine's Day

I chose purple and lavender to do a quick stitch. This was a freebie found here.


As you can see I did it on a loose weave so I have threads showing through. Oh well... I still like it.

I chose the colors to remind me of a special Valentine way back when I was a little girl in Columbus, Georgia. I remember going with my daddy to buy Mother some Valentine's candy similar. We drove up to the store and went in to buy some candy in a heart shaped box similar to the ones pictured below. He let me choose the color and I chose lavender. Mom kept the box until we both decided it had seen better days and we would remember without it.


This little pillow will be a reminder of a special time.

As for this Valentine's, I am blessed to be married to a great guy and we will be eating out at Whataburger. We decided a while back that we would just eat at Whataburger. We both love it and it is a treat. All the fancy restaurants are always so crowded and with it being a weeknight we especially need to keep it a short evening.

I also got an early treat in the mail yesterday from Meg at http://livetostitch.blogspot.com/.
Just look at my goodies. I had to show you how cute she had wrapped it all first.



And then all opened.


Yep! IT is cuteness! I will be starting on the cross stitch project she sent very soon.




Enjoy your day,
Sandy



14 comments:

  1. I enjoyed your story about helping your father buy the perfect box of candy for your mom, Sandy! What pretty boxes they made back then--I can understand why your mom kept hers so long!

    Your lavender finish is darling--and a nice reminder of that day with your father :)

    Love your giveaway gifts from sweet Meg--enjoy! And Happy Valentine's Day ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know I LOVE the lavender and I remember those fancy candy boxes! They really were special! AND..I love a big old fashioned cheeseburger better than anything else! When should I be ready? heehee! Love your package of treasures. What fun to open! Happy Valentine's day my friend! Give your little one a sweet hug for me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I forgot all about those fancy candy boxes, What a great memory!! I never had a Whataburger, I haven't seen one in my area but if I ever pass by one I'll try it. I love burgers!
    Oh, Meg is so sweet, I love those bird pads and I know you will enjoy the stitch!! So glad you won! Mary

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the story behind your stitch Sandy. What a sweet treat to pick the box out with your Dad. I used to do alot of things like that with my Dad too and they are such wonderful memories.

    I had to laugh about Whataburger...we went to Blaze for the same reason. The pizza was great and the relaxed atmosphere is just what we needed. I do love Whataburgers too but ours closed. The one near Michael's home in Texas is the best one I've ever been too.

    What a great box of goodies you received from our sweet friend Meg. I'm jealous because I just love that pattern. Happy Valentine's Day! RJ

    ReplyDelete
  5. We've never been to Whataburger. We've got to find one and give it a try. I seldom eat a hamburger that I don't like!

    I'm saving the picture of your "My heart leaps up" pillow. So sweet. Have a great Valentine's Day (what's left of it).

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sweet memories!! No Whataburger near us but probably in Tampa. Will have to do a search! Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aren’t friends just the best??!!!!
    Happy Valentines Day to you!! Love the pillow!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such memories are very valuable, and something very special.
    A great gift from Meg - have fun with it.
    Hugs, Martina

    ReplyDelete
  9. How nice to get such treat in the mail. Hope you had a lovely Valentine's Day, Sandy.
    Amalia
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful memories from your childhood.
    I like your little Valentine stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I found your blog through the 'I Love to Stitch' blog list. When I saw the name of your blog I knew I had to visit. It made me nostalgic for the days when "Home Ec" was an essential curriculum in schools.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies

    1. I am so glad you found me. I am a retired teacher who unfortunately didn't get to teach that most wonderful subject for many years. Upon marrying and moving to a beach community, home ec was a dying subject. I had one friend finish out in that field. The rest of us had to teach other subjects for our careers. I wouldn't change my major though. I loved everything about it and think it needs to be back in schools. I am out of town for the weekend, but I hope to pop in and check out your blog.

      Delete
  12. Sandy, I enjoyed reading the story behind your color choice for your heart stitch. Thank you for sharing. Hope you had a good meal at Whataburger! You received a lovely package from Meg.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm so glad the package arrived safely, Sandy! I hope you enjoy it. :-)

    ReplyDelete

I am so glad you stopped by my little blog. Drop in again anytime.
Sincerely,
Sandy