Friday, March 29, 2019

A Refresher Course in Behaving

What a week this one has been! I learned some hard lessons that I have learned before, but apparently had to have a refresher course

I will say that I have been a little weary on being so strict on my health diet and over the winter allowed some things back in that are not good for me. Monday night we went out to eat which in and of itself has to stop. Keeping Tucker has worn me out and going out has been so easy. 
I ate really really really bad on Monday night (fried and coated in GLUTEN and probably the cheapest quality food) and I woke up with the full effect of RA and a flare Tuesday morning. I immediately started detoxing Tuesday morning, but it took the usual three days to get it all out of my system. I have shrugged through this week and then I got a full blown migraine yesterday most likely due to the detox. I had to go to bed last night when Jeff got home. 

SO friends, I have had a full on refresher course in eating to stay healthy. 
It is not just a fine idea, but a necessity for someone like me.


I am cleaned out đŸ˜†and feeling much better this Friday evening.

Thank goodness for Mom this week helping out with Tucker. 
I did manage to get in some sweet walks with the little hunk of love.

He can sit up a little these days, so I have just strapped him in the stroller and he LOVES it.
Down the street we go.


That day was a little cooler, but by the end of the week it has been pure perfection. It can stay like this for a while!!!! No blankets needed, but no sweating either.

Sometimes I take one dog at a time with us and sometimes not, but either way they know I am gone. When we return they are looking out the front window for us. Can you spot them in the window?


Currently they are napping.




I have managed to water my roses and potted plants and reaped two roses to bring in already.

This...

became this...

And this...

became this...


Oh how I love them...

I brought in a couple of pansies.


I have stitched a wee bit,


and I have read a fantastic and very inspiring book.


I mean really good.

I love this prayer from the book.

"My constant prayer of surrender is that by the power of the Holy Spirit, I will line up my point of view behind the lens of the gospel in order to see myself, others, and all that is happening as God wants me to see it. I pray to see myself as He sees me and as He sees my situations." 
---Elisabeth Hasselbeck.

I really like that!!!!!

Oh and I procrastinated and procrastinated and just today took our taxes to the accountant. It took me no time to put it all in order for him, because I have stacked it on my desk for months now, but I so hate doing that kind of work that I was sure it would take forever.
Another lesson I need to learn...just get it done and then you want have to stew and fret over it for so long.

I will leave with this gorgeous sunny day and view that I intend to enjoy this weekend.


Sitting right here as much as possible and counting myself blessed.


Oh and one more of this sweetness. Aren't his feet the cutest?



I hope to read and catch up with everyone this weekend too.
Sandy




14 comments:

  1. I am so sorry you had a flare and then a migraine....prayers for you that next week will be better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sandy: I have had the same problems with flare-ups, I have to stay away from breads sweets and candy, I hate the fact I hurt even though I know it is because of the carbs, I am now off almost 100% carbs free and the RA has no flare-ups plus I lost 8 pounds in three weeks.
    I hope you are feeling better.
    I love visiting your blog and seeing that cute little face, so adorable.
    I cannot wait to buy my plants and see blooms, thank-you for sharing with us up north.

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  3. That child is adorable!! Beautiful views and beautiful flowers. Those roses are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sandy, I am sorry that you had to deal with a flare up and a migraine, but glad you are feeling better. Tucker is such a cutie. Always enjoy seeing Lemony and Gus! Your pansies and roses are beautiful. Have a restful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Sandy, Good that you feel better and that you could enjoy the walk with Tucker.
      the two roses look great, very nice colors.
    Have a nice sunday, Martina

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fine that you are feeling better.
    Your two roses are wonderful.
    Enjoy the weekend, Manuela

    ReplyDelete
  7. Loved this post, Sandy, except for the parts about how ill you have felt and the migraine -- had a whopper of a headache yesterday myself!

    I get my doggie fix when you post pictures of the pups. They live and breathe for our attention, don't they (referring to them sitting at the front window, watching for your return.

    Tucker is so cute. I'm glad your mom was able to help you out with him this week when you were feeling so punk.

    The roses and pansies are beautiful. Good photography.

    And the stitching -- oh how I wish I had the time to do some of that myself right now. But first things, first. Gotta unpack the necessities of life! Enjoy your weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sandy, oh I hope that you are feeling better. I'm making some diet changes too. Stay strong! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glad you're feeling better. Blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Tucker is adorable and the roses and pansies are lovely. What a great view you'll have over the weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your little tucker is so precious, but I know how hard it is us , old grandmas ... and RA is no fun... so take it easy while mommy is there to help with the baby... I bet you wish that you were resting like you sleepy little dogs... They sleep when your home and look eagerly out windows when you go outdoors ( too funny) I wish that I was watering my roses... but alas we are in for another snow storm. It is certainly unusual weather this year ... Yes we all have to stop procrastinating... especially at tax time. ... OMG what a beautifiul place you have to relax in ...It looks like heaven....Take care of yourself and enjoy the week-end ...h ugs

    ReplyDelete
  12. cute baby and beautiful views...
    have a great day

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Sandy! I have missed visiting with you. I've had that horrible flu that takes every last bit of energy out of you. Glad you are feeling better. I just know seeing sweet Tucker makes you feel alot better and puts a smile on your face.

    I've stitched Hello Summer and really enjoyed it alot. Your flowers are so pretty...you have a green thumb.

    Did you watch the NCAA tournament? Auburn was so good. I was rooting for them. RJ

    ReplyDelete

I am so glad you stopped by my little blog. Drop in again anytime.
Sincerely,
Sandy