Tuesday, March 19, 2019

Some Fully Finishes

Popping into night after a bit of creativity today. I spent some time in the sewing room today puttering, cleaning, and crafting.

I started an outfit for Tucker. I bought some fabric a while back and finally cut out the romper. I hope to finish it up before the week is over.

I also put a finish on the May wordplay.


 I think it might need a little gardening tool attached with a button or ribbon, but I didn't have one in the stash. I will be on the lookout for one, but either way I love it.
The ribbon was from my giveaway package gifted to me by Meg from Live to Stitch. It was still sitting front and center in my cabinet and I thought it just turned out perfectly. Thanks Meg!

I also redid a bunny. I had it on a flat piece.

The glue was still wet on this at picture time.

After I ripped it away I began to think why didn't I just add the cording to the piece and saved myself the trouble, BUT after it all dried and I had it in the kitchen later...I just loved it in its new state.

Here is the old version...

Like I said, the cording was probably all I needed, but I ended up being pleased with the pillow.

I haven't put out the first bit of spring, so tomorrow evening I plan to add some Easter and springy to my table.

Gus and Dansby finally got tired and I missed them today. I found them on my bed all curled up together. I had thrown an old comforter up there because they were running circles in the bedroom on Monday and I didn't want them messing up my bed. 
They are so cute together.


I had one last picture to share. You may remember the wrapping paper I used at Christmas from https://everyday-occasions.myshopify.com/.  I loved it so much that I ordered some springy paper. It comes in sheets rather than rolls. I took them out and wrapped them around the mailing tube and added them to my desk area. I thought they added a little pretty to my sewing room. 


I have one more roll of gingham. It makes me want to wrap some presents.


Can't wait to welcome spring and hoping it lasts for a while.




8 comments:

  1. Hi Sandy,
    May wordplay looks great, so pretty details, and a great finish. I also like your little rabbit's pillow.
    I wish you a nice start to spring, Martina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Sandy,
    two wonderful finishes. The May wordplay ist wonderful and so many little details.
    The rabbit pillow looks great.
    Have a nice week, Manuela

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's amazing how that color brought out the apples and other colors in the bunny stitching. I'm learning all about colors and contrasts right now. And I love May....what a beautiful design. I have 4 sons and 2 of them were born in May! Enjoy your Spring day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the picture of Gus and Dansby! They look like they are best friends and totally worn out. Your May Word Play looks fabulous and I really like the touch of lace you gave it. The bunny re-do looks super. I know you will enjoy having both pieces on display. Enjoy your day, Sandy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I love your pillows. I am finding I enjoy tucking little pillows around my house! They really add a softness to the look of the home. I love your gift wrap area....those papers are lovely. And the doggies look like best buddies. I love a hound dog as I was brought up with hunting hounds.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Creativity abounds!! Love the finishes and your wrapping paper organizer!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Haha! I thought that lace looked just like some I was thinking of using on a finish today. I thought, wow, Sandy must shop at the same stores I do! Oh, lord... that gave me a chuckle. I think it looks great! Love your finish. I think the bunny pillow turned out really sweet, too. I like both finishes, but the pillow is awesome.

    Oh, Gus and Dansby melt my heart. Give them belly rubs for me.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sandy your finishes are wonderful. You are doing such a great job with all of them. I can't pick a favorite because they are all so good. YOu also picked some of my favorite stitches. RJ

    ReplyDelete

I am so glad you stopped by my little blog. Drop in again anytime.
Sincerely,
Sandy