Thursday, May 23, 2019

A Finish and a New Start and Some Other Stuff

How is that when you completely thought you were ready to stop blogging that you have more thoughts to share and no time to type?!!!

Friends, that is where I am these days. The time is being sucked up by truly good things, so no complaints on that, but I feel like I need to write intensely. IT won't happen today, but maybe soon.

I finished up my June wordplay. I love it! 



I shared that I was a little unsure that I had made it too large when I chose 28 count, but the words are telling me a definite no on that, but then I love the May one done on 36 count too. 

I am so inspired by so many of you stitchers out there. Oh my...I love when I see something somewhere, but then I can put my own spin on it and personalize in a Sandy kind of way.

I added cording, but I gotta tell you when you do them large they scream "just fine with nothing". I was watching Marlene's at stitching by the lake the other day. She and Carol and Salt Box Stitcher are my two that pop up and I can't wait to get everybody away so I can watch. I digress; anyway, Marlene is doing them large and plain and she had one to show and I just loved it, so I don't think it needed the cording, but it is on there now:)

I put them together on the church pew (thanks, Robin) to share with y'all today.



I had no intentions of doing anymore of these than May and June, but now I am thinking maybe more in the future.

Onto other stitching.
I really need to be working on a gift stitch. It is something I have done before and I hope to start this weekend, because I have been busy on another stitch.

So here is my nutty confession. I started this Helen Keller stitch last year sometime. It has three parts and what you see in the hoop is Part 1. I started it on 32 count with two over two. I loved the depth of the colors, but I did some of those flowers and I was like this is a no go. I have whined before about 32 count being my just I don't know what to do with it count.

I have started again on 36 count and I will admit that I was struggling thinking it wasn't as vibrant with one over two. I decided to continue on this week and it is growing on me. It is going to be a bit more delicate. 

The stitch is a Helen Keller quote and I completely love Helen Keller. My plan is not to frame it though, because it came with a set of buttons to place around it. My plan has been to do some fabric around it and make a wall hanging for the Auburn house with it.


I took the picture with my project bag and book because those are the colors I think I will use for the background around it. Such inspiration!!!


Speaking of Auburn, we are headed up this weekend. Yes, we are leaving the beach to go inland. WIth the arrival of Tucker, I have not been able to go nearly as much as I had hoped. I am looking forward to going this weekend. Mother is going with us and a stop in at my favorite restaurant Acre is on the agenda. 
Other than that it will be a take it as it comes kind of weekend.

I hope to come back next week with some "just thinking" posts. My small group will not meet at my house for a couple of weeks so I can let my hair down on having everything perfect and just breathe. Maybe!!!!!

I am already filling the time up with other commitments. I have a hard time saying no.

In other news, we have some bad news in our family. Jeff''s brother has cancer. He has had cancer previously and he has been a smoker for all his life. He is really down and blaming himself saying he knows it is all his fault. At this point we just need to see the final doctor report and make a plan which that appointment is next week. I will tell you that I am pretty sure we are going to get a really bad one based on what we have already seen.  He is not married and has no kids. Jeff's siblings are 14 and 12 years older than him. He was a true surprise to his parents. It will be a lot of traveling back and forth to Pensacola for treatments and such divided up between Jeff and his sister. 
I almost didn't mention it on the blog, but when writing I think it is hard not to show some emotion and I am sure it will shine through in the coming months.

Much of life is navigating the hills and valleys. I have no idea how people do it without their faith.

I will stop here as I have am taking Tucker to lunch with his mommy and then going to do some cleaning at church afterwards.

Looking forward to the weekend. I am always mindful of the sacrifices so many families have made for my freedom. 

Patriotic feelings,
Sandy

P.S. - A few pictures of my little man.

\
Carrots. I told his mama not to bring me carrots to feed him. I am to be the good guy!!!



His mommy reading to him at night in his bedroom. 

Lindsay sprints in the house every afternoon to get him. I know it is hard. I remember those days, but Grammie is in love with him and feels so blessed to keep him everyday.


10 comments:

  1. I think your finished word play looks great, Sandy! I like the cording; it isn't overwhelming. Oh my goodness, look at those pictures of Tucker. That expression as he eats the carrots. Oh my! Thank you for sharing about Jeff's brother. I will add him to my prayer list along with you and your family. Thinking of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a blessing to have that little guy in your life!! Adorable! So sorry to learn about your brother-in-law. Cancer is a horrid disease. He is now on my prayer list. Do keep us posted. AND, please make sure you are taking care of YOU!! Rest when you need it!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tucker and I feel the same way about carrots.lol I prefer fruit to veggies as well. I love your church pew and it is perfect for displaying your hand work. Prayers for your family in this hard time. I pray for your BIL and Papaw at the same time. Both are about in the same place. We leave in the am for Grimmwood. Looking forward to some porch sitting. Have fun in Auburn.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sandy,
    i love your June Wordplay, a great finish, and nice to see them together.
    Lovely Picturs of Tucker, he is a sweet boy.
    Have a nice weekend, Martina

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful finish. I like the little pillows.
    Great start with the Helen Keller Sampler. Many years ago I read the autobiography from her.
    Lovely photos form Tucker.
    Enjoy the weekend, Manuela

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your stitching of the Word Plays is great! Thanks for sharing them and talking about the fabric counts. I'd like to do a Word Play, but am not at all sure I want to tackle the smaller fabric counts. I've tried 32 in the past and got no farther than 25 stitches (at the most) before just having to put it down! I've got some 28, and might play with that again....

    So sorry to see this most unwelcome news about your BIL. May he see the Lord's help in all that comes. May all of you, for that matter. Yes, like you, we need our faith in God to get us through the tough times.

    Enjoy your weekend. It sounds like you have fun things lined up.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful baby! You are so blessed to be able to enjoy him and watch him grow up! What a wonderful blessing indeed. Praying for your family and your husband's brother. Cancer is such a horrible thing. Praying he will have good doctors and that he will have the grace and faith to get through what is yet to come. May the Lord give you all the strength you will need. Have a blessed and beautiful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sending love and prayers to your family. So sorry to hear about Jeff's brother. I agree, I cannot imagine facing such a struggle without faith.

    Gorgeous baby! Love the carrot pic.

    Your word plays are fabulous! I think your cording is divine and adds just the right *pop.*

    The Helen Keller stitch is beautiful. So delicate. Love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, I do love that beautiful quote by Helen Keller, Sandy! And your two Word Plays look great on your church pew. I like the cording around them--just gives them a nice finished off look!

    My favorite photo is of Tucker reading the book (what else would a retired librarian pick!). Enjoy your coming week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your word plays are wonderful Sandy. I like the cording around them too.

    Oh my all the photos of Tucker are precious but the one when he is eating carrots is beyond adorable.

    I am very sorry to read about Jeff's brother. It made me cry. Have faith my friend. RJ

    ReplyDelete

I am so glad you stopped by my little blog. Drop in again anytime.
Sincerely,
Sandy