Tuesday, May 28, 2019

Weekend Wrap-up


I am a tad bit late to be doing a weekend wrap-up, but better later than never I guess. The hubby, mom, the dogs, and I left for the Auburn house Friday afternoon. It was definitely a low key weekend. We passed a lot of traffic headed to the beach. In fact, Auburn was very quiet. I felt like even our neighborhood there was deserted. I think everyone was at Lake Martin or at the beach. 

We had no great excursions other than eating at Acre and going to the farmer's market. I did a lot of reading and cross stitching and just relaxing.


Me trying to pose in my dress to go to Acre.




We did a lot of sitting around, but sometimes that is just what you need.

Our friends who have a house in the same neighborhood were there also, so Jeff had someone to do stuff with. We went out to eat at my favorite restaurant, Acre. We all had an amazing meal. My dessert was so good. They usually have this cake that I like, but it wasn't on the menu this past weekend so I went with a chocolate torte which was gluten free by the way. Oh my!!!!!! It was so good. 


There is a new farmer's market in Opelika. I will be going there again and again and again. I loaded up with fresh peas to bring home. I cooked some last night with cornbread. They were so good. Nothing like fresh vegetables.

I did a summer drawing for the chalkboard at Auburn. I have a lot of fun playing with it when I go each month.




The kids had good weekends here. Paul Allen and Katie stayed at our house for most of the time. I think they fished, used the kayaks and paddle boards and just enjoyed the water at home. Lindsay and Tyler used our boat to host his parents who were down from Atlanta and his brother and sister-in-law who were up from West Palm Beach. They had a nice time in the bay. Both sent lots of pictures.




I went to church this morning with Tucker to finish doing some deep cleaning that I started last week in the baby rooms. I had quit volunteering when Tucker came along, but they needed me to come and do some things last week so I worked around Tucker's nap schedule Friday and today. 

Then Mom and I went to our semi annual doctor's appointments. Our family doctor left at the end of last year and so we had to meet her replacement. I don't like her nearly as much. It seems no one stays anywhere very long these days. That can be a tad frustrating.

So, that is what I have been up to. I am sharing my progress on the two things I stitched this weekend and then later in the week I will share a decorations around the house since I think Memorial Day is the kick off for summer time decorating.

I stitched on Lizzie Kate's Things Unseen. I shared that I started over on it last week. The pattern is three parts. The first part is finished and I am now working on Part 2.

Part 1 is the left all the way even with the flowers. It is kind of wrinkled because I had it packed up in a project bag. Part 2 will be the right side and then Part 3 goes all along the bottom. The pattern is kind of like a modern day sampler.
It also has a package of embellishments to apply; buttons and beads.


I started my gift stitch which I have done before. It is the Golden Retriever dog. It should go fast because I stitched all of this yesterday, mostly at night.



Be back later in the week with some summer decor.



11 comments:

  1. The photos of you in your green dress are so cute! That dress looks perfect for a summer day shopping at a Farmer's Market.

    Your weekend getaway with so much quiet appeals to me. We all need those times, and especially in this age of such noise and busyness that is hard to avoid.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your dress...so cute. I was so sad to hear of the death of the Voice of Auburn and his wife. How tragic. I just stitched and read too at Grimmwood. I think it is the place where I can sit and relax a bit. I have seen the Helen Keller piece and it is so pretty. I just started Brenda Gervais's Holiday Hoopla July 4th. I really need to work on Joshua's sampler. I need to have it done and framed by the end of August for his 100 day celebration. I agree about doctors. I wonder how much longer my primary care doctor will work....I hate finding someone new.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sandy, it sounded like you had a wonderful time in Auburn over the weekend. That dessert looked positively divine. It was good that you were able to relax with your reading and your stitching. The farmers' market sounds like it will be fun to visit when you get to Auburn. I enjoyed the pictures of your kids and of course, Tucker.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That dress is so cute on you and so summery!! Glad everyone had a good holiday weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OH... yep, we just went through the same thing with our doctor of 17 years! She left and I was crushed. Her replacement just didn't do it for us so we have a new one to see on June 17. Fingers crossed. Always troubling.

      Delete
  5. You look darling in that green dress, Sandy. The dessert looked delish. For having a low key weekend, you sure got a lot done! Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your weekend at your Auburn house sounds like my cup of tea, Sandy! I love relaxing, unplanned weekends! And your gingham dress is so cute and summery--did you make it? I really want to start wearing more easy shift dresses like that again this summer--they are so cool and pretty.

    It is so difficult having to change doctors, isn't it? I hope this new one works out better than your first impression. Loved the photos of the kids and especially little Tucker. Such a handsome little guy--I bet he'll be swimming in no time!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your dress! We went the opposit direction as I was afraid of weekend traffic! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fun weekend, Sandy! Love your dress - very springy! Cake looks amazing. The Lizzie Kate sampler is pretty. I've seen it at 123stitch but it's always fun to see it being stitched.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Sandy: Your dress is so fresh and lovely looking, I love wearing a shift, they are so comfortable.
    I love the dogs trying to photo bomb you. so cute.
    Love the design you are working on.
    Its always nice to get away for a short period.
    Hubby looks so comfortable.

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  10. I can see how much you are enjoying the Auburn house, Sandy. I know I would too. Your dress is so pretty and you look adorable in it. Your stitches are great and will be wonderful additions to your homes. Love your chalkboard...you talented girl. RJ

    ReplyDelete

I am so glad you stopped by my little blog. Drop in again anytime.
Sincerely,
Sandy