Monday, October 21, 2019

A Stitching Finish

I completed the fall stitch. It will be my only fall stitch this year. I wanted to do a Tom Turkey one, but I have lost motivation, so he will come out some time next year to be done in time for that Thanksgiving.




This was supposed to be Bittersweet September by Blackbird Designs. The only thing that resembles that pattern is the border and the right side of flowers with bittersweet. However, I think it screams November here in my world or at least the south Alabama world that I grew up in.

I kind of lost my way on this piece which harkens the question, what drew me to the pattern to being with??? I would say the colors, but then I changed the house to something else. I would have to say the colors of the border. I did discover a floss color to add to my favorites. That would the The Gentle Arts Autumn Leaves. It is so pretty!

I used a Plum Street Sampler pattern to add the pumpkin and acorn side.

I also made many many color changes; so many that I couldn't even tell you all of them. I just went to my floss boxes and picked out things that spoke to me. Some were DMC and some other fancy flosses.

I will try and fully finish it later in this week and also get to my Christmas pieces that are waiting on me.



I feel better having finished it because for some reason it was kind of stressing me. Stitching is my relaxing thing...not stressful thing. There are plenty of stressors without adding to it.
I will add that I like how it turned out, so all was worth it.

It is on to my mockingbird and Christmas Advent numbers.

Sandy

12 comments:

  1. This pattern looks really beautiful, i love it.
    Martina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Sandy,
    a wonderful finish. I love the pattern and the colors.
    Have a nice day, Manuela

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sandy, I just love your sampler. I love the colors you used, and even all of the changes! Usually when I do a Blackbird design, I try to stay true to their fabric and threads suggested. It just doesn't turn out; however, your changes are just beautiful. Thank you for sharing:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sandy, congratulations on your BBD finish! I love the look of yours especially the colors you chose and the acorn and pumpkin additions. I look forward to seeing how you finish it. I really like the 4 skeins of DMC you featured in the last picture. Would you mind sharing their numbers?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like this very much, Sandy. I love how you added the pumpkin and acorn. Beautiful work. Looking forward to what you will do to fully finish it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, Sandy, it's just beautiful! The house is amazing - I'm glad you chose the white/cream color. It's beautiful! Looking forward to seeing your finish!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That cross stitch is lovely! I really need to get mine back out and finish as few! I love cross stitch! I am now following you - you cn follow back at Annster's Domain if you wish

    ReplyDelete
  8. So pretty, Sandy. Your color choices are perfect. Looking forward to seeing how you finish this off.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sandy: I agree with you this is a November design, I leave all my fall décor out till the day after Thanksgiving.
    I am looking forward to seeing the full finish.

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your fall stitch, Sandy. And the autumn palette is so pretty.
    Amalia
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love this piece...perfectly autumnal. Representations of houses are my thing.

    ReplyDelete

I am so glad you stopped by my little blog. Drop in again anytime.
Sincerely,
Sandy