Sunday, October 20, 2019

Tucker is 1

A year has come and gone with little Tucker, so let's document his birthday. His actual birthday was on Thursday, but the party was Saturday.

Warning: grandson picture overload!

Lindsay sent this early Saturday morning. He is clapping. He seems to like to do that these days.

Lindsay made his banner. I told her she needs to save it for the many more to come.
She was a bit disappointed in the cake, but I reminded her he would not know and the cakes they remembered most were the ones where we just baked a sheet cake and added store bought decorations that they had picked out.

I think she settled a bit. 
The theme was a hole in 1 birthday party.


I baked a pound cake to go along with the store-bought cake. I also brought home made whipped cream and strawberries.



The weather turned out to be just right. We got much needed rain from Tropical Storm Nestor and she moved rapidly which is just the way you want them to do.

By the party time, all was clear and we were able to eat outside. 



Tyler's parents and cousin were able to come down, so it was an all around family affair.
I missed this picture, but Lindsay posted it on Instagram, so I quickly saved it.


The presents being opened.



He started out in Daddy's lap, but quickly retired to the floor to play with the many trucks he received AND the many toy golf sets. 

I guess the moral of the story there is be careful on your party themes.


It was a great evening and Tucker seemed to enjoy being the center of attention.

These were taken on his actual birthday.



I always take Tucker to meet Lindsay for lunch one day a week, so we made it on Thursday.

Awakened to a muffin and candle.

I am still working on my three projects, but let's talk about Bittersweet September.
It is the small that is deceptively small. In other words, there are a lot of stitches in this baby.


Progress is being made on the mockingbird as well.

Just when I think I am writing off Southern Living and not going to get it anymore, this issue comes in. I just looked over it today. I know of two recipes I want to try. Hmmm...it has been awhile since I have said that.
Looks like a good one.


That is it for now. 

So much to be grateful and yet so much to pray for as well.
Take care friends,
Sandy











11 comments:

  1. Sandy: Tucker is so adorable, I love that he had a cake a homemade cake and a muffin cake, so sweet.
    You have great progress on this design.
    I hope you have a great week.

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tucker is ADORABLE! You are correct that he won't remember the cake (except for the pictures). Looks like a fun party, as that first one should be! Glad the weather cooperated! I always love seeing your stitching projects!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday to Tucker....so glad the weather cooperated for his party. He is adorable. I am with you on SL...I cancel my subscription then I get an offer for a year for $10 and I cave. Love your stitching....I am beginning to think I really like stitching with one thread...even if the count is lower. I can manage 32 or 36 with no problem.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sandy,
    Great pictures of Tucker's birthday, already one year old - how time flies.
    Very pretty pattern to stitch.
    Have a nice week, Martina

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Sandy,
    lovely photos from Tucker's Birthday Party.
    A nice little progress on your stitching.
    Enjoy the new week. Manuela

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tucker is so cute and what great photos of the party! I especially like the one of him with his uncle P.A.

    And the Bittersweet September is looking beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy belated birthday wishes to Tucker! It looked like he had a wonderful day. You have made good progress on your stitching, Sandy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy birthday, Tucker! I think his little cake is adorable.

    Bittersweet September is coming along nicely. And yeah, it is deceptive, isn't it? I remember feeling the same way about it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks like Tucker had a great birthday. And I think the golf cake is (or was) perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  10. How on earth did I miss this post???? My favorite non-relative baby turns one and I didn't even say "Happy Birthday!" It looks like a wonderful party all around--he'll be a golfer in no time, I'm sure. Especially love that sweet photo of him looking at his birthday muffin with the lit candle. So very sweet. This year has sped by so quickly--here's to many more happy memories made in his second year :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. He is darling! What a beautiful family.

    ReplyDelete

I am so glad you stopped by my little blog. Drop in again anytime.
Sincerely,
Sandy