Wednesday, January 15, 2020

A Stitching Post!

As promised earlier a mostly stitching post. I was surprised at the number of comments at the previous post. I hope I replied to all, but I have been a bit busy lately. I think it is the problem of many who are similarly aged. We have not only our too much buying but now those behind us too. A problem of prosperity which is not a bad thing. Much to be grateful for!!!

Mother finally got into the doctor yesterday. We tried immediate care last weekend with no help. Yesterday's appointment was a brand new doctor. I will not fill you in with all the drama, but she has a double ear infection. She is down and out! She has a horrible time taking antibiotics so she didn't do what I told her this morning which was take nausea medicine PRIOR to taking it so she has been in a throw up festival today. Sigh!
Call has been made to doctor for maybe another one or some other form, but in the meantime....
she is resting and
and
and Sandy is trying to stay calm:)

So...let's talk stitching.

I got on a roll with the family registry sampler and completed it.



I personalized it with mine and Jeff's settlement place and marriage date. It has our initials and birth years in the main circle. I added our children on either side and a tiny little cross between them for our miscarriage.

I added both mine and Jeff's parents' initials and birth years and called it a day.

The good thing about this is I think it will fit in a store bought frame which means I can frame it myself for less. I really like it and think it is prettier in person than I able to photograph. I will share again when I get it framed but that may be a while.

I am now going to get after Tucker's name.


I am pretty excited to get going on this one! Maybe between each letter I will do an Advent calendar number.


Now, for a #ThrowBackThursday before Thursday is over.

The following are two stitches that Mother had in my bedroom after I married and moved out. I know one of them I did in college and maybe the other right after college. Anyway, she has both in her guest bedroom now.

This one has always been a favorite of mine!!!


I made those pillows in high school.

I actually wish I had kept this pattern book. It was a great one with many verses.

I think the next one I sort of designed myself. That is why I like blogging my stitching so that I can remember that stuff.




I may have put out some Valentine's stuff this morning starting with pink table linens. I would like some pink candles but they aren't easy to find cheaply. I may have to order which means I may put them off until next year which is what happened last year:) I may be saying the same thing next year!
I just love Valentine's Day. It was always so much fun picking out each card for classmates way back when. I think the holiday has waned a wee bit with today's kids. It didn't seem to be nearly as much fun to them as it did when I was a kid.
Or course, Hubby and I will be eating at Whataburger! It is now a tradition.



Until later,
Sandy

Those who refresh others will themselves be refreshed. Proverbs 11:25

11 comments:

  1. I like your pink napkins on the table! We have a store called Party City where you can buy all colors of candles without breaking the bank. Maybe there is one near you? I love your cross stitched verses!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How peaceful this post was to read, despite all the drama going on at home. The stitching was lovely to see.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely stitching Sandy. I really love that gorgeous sampler. Hope your Mom feels better soon. RJ

    ReplyDelete
  4. All your stitching is so beautiful, Sandy.
    Hope your mother is feeling better soon.
    Manuela

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sandy, your family sampler piece is gorgeous. What a treasure you have created! The stitches from your early years are lovely as well. I am sorry to hear that your Mother has a double ear infection. Hope the meds kick in soon without too much additional issue.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sandy: So sorry your Mother is not feeling well, I hope her ears heal super quick.
    I love seeing your throw back Thursday's, the new design is beautiful, I agree with you the design is so much prettier in person.
    Your table is lovely, I did see pink taper candles at Hobby Lobby, if there is one near you maybe they have them, if not let me know there is a wedding section at the Crafts Direct Store in Minnesota they have carried them in the past.
    Have a wonderful Day
    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have some scripture stitchings throughout my house but want more. They are such a blessing to work on. Yours are wonderful.

    I hope your mother feels better soon. It's trying when they don't take the advice of those who know what's good for them.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your Family Register Sampler is really pretty. I love that you put a cross on it in memory of your child lost through miscarriage. I've never thought to do something like that, but I love it. I also enjoy seeing your other creations from years past. The stuffed letters are pretty cool!

    I hope your mother gets to feeling much better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Sandy! Love all of your stitchery! You are so talented! Thx for leaving the note about the comments. Can you leave me a not and tell me what browser you use, and what device you used, ie, computer, phone, ipad. Thx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awww... your poor mom. I'm so sorry she is going through this and I know it is exhausting for you, too, Sandy. Hang in there--I hope she is all better very soon.

    I so love your finished sampler and the way you added to cross to remember the baby you lost. I will have to remember that as I had a miscarriage between my last two sons (and it was yet another boy!). The whole thing is so beautiful and I do love those colors! Can't wait to see it framed up :)

    Hope you are able to relax a bit this weekend ♥

    ReplyDelete
  11. Tucker's sampler looks to be so much fun, Sandy, looking forward to seeing more. And the family registry sampler is amazing. Well done finishing it, it is sure to become a family treasure. I hope that mom will be better soon, I know how worrying that can be.
    Amalia
    xo

    ReplyDelete

I am so glad you stopped by my little blog. Drop in again anytime.
Sincerely,
Sandy