Friday, January 10, 2020

Keeping Up with a New Year

I had planned to be back sooner, but getting back in the groove with Tucker and numerous of appointments have thrown me off my game this week. I wanted to make sure I touched on the most important things and not start 2020 off feeling like a failure meant the blog and even reading them took a back seat.

Let's catch up --- ok?

The first few days of the week were so pretty and Tucker and I got out for some stroller rides, but mostly I feel like we have run errands and the like.

We took our snippers and snitched a camellia or two from down the street. I don't think they would mind or trust me I wouldn't have done it. Ours are not yet blooming. Buds everywhere, so I can't wait.


I just love a little outside indoors.


In between all the errand running I have stayed on schedule for cleaning. I have even cleaned out a few cabinets. I know for sure that getting a house BACK in ORDER after a time when it got out of order just takes time. I finally feel after 5 years of diligent work I am more in a routine and things behind the doors look so better.

I have gone a full week and my desk is still tidy. Now this is as tidy as it ever gets. There is just always stuff to deal with even if you try and do it right away.

Right underneath my computer is my clipboard where I keep up with bills paid. I do a full year checklist old school with a chart drawn on notebook paper. If I don't pay a bill instantly, it goes on top of the clipboard where nothing else goes EVER and rarely stays there for more than a few hours. I will go back to that!


The box to the left is a little important paper filing system and it seems I always have some papers I need to attend to in a stack next to it. I am trying to go more digital even though I am a paper and pencil trail follower. I have an extra cloud system... one digital and one hard drive that I am trying to move some photos and the like to. Double back up...NOW TO USE IT!

I also have kept my working counter cleaned off all week too. WooHoo!!!

I read my Bible here as well as any sewing or crafting. I have some craft boxes to house things in until I am ready to work. I fold clothes here from the laundry. HOWEVER, because I am a stacker and this is a flat surface I have to resist the urge to just lay things down that I don't want to deal with. THIS IS THE YEAR TO STOP IT!!!
2020 do you hear me? I am going to do better at not stacking!

I did pop in at the grocery store and ads some white roses to the camellia leaves later in the week.



Roses make me happy happy happy!


I also mentioned that I needed to go see about Mother more, so we are visiting her more during the week. We stopped by Chick Fila after hair appointments for both of us and then brought it back to her house to eat.

Could he be any cuter?

Star of the show!
I have been reading or stitching in the evenings. I will share the sampler for now and then share Tucker's name in another post. I am alternating between the two. 




The sampler is so pretty in person.

I have about two more flowers to do and then it will be time to add the family registry part in it.

I also found time to bake some banana bread this week and am about to shut this down and go back a cake for a friend whose birthday is tomorrow. 

Made from the old red checked Betty Crocker and was quite tasty!


Take care and I hope to be back sooner than later.
Sandy

Oh and a better view of the mockingbird. Better lighting.






9 comments:

  1. Such beautiful progress on your sampler, Sandy--and your mockingbird is even prettier in this post! Love Chick-fil-A so much. It is always our go-to fast food place in the airport or when we are on a road trip :) Looks like little Tucker loves it, too--what a great photo of your little cutie!

    I love your little present wrapping station at your desk--what a great idea... And you are doing a great job of cleaning and decluttering! I'm sure after all those years of teaching things did begin to pile up. I'm with you on not stacking--I need to stop that on my kitchen island. I decluttered it yesterday and it's such a great feeling.

    Hope you have a relaxing weekend ahead ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your mocking bird is beautiful! Tucker is adorable! Housework can always wait when you have that little guy to play with!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, Sandy, you covered a lot of ground in this post!

    The mockingbird is gorgeous, Tucker is adorable -- those eyes! -- and your sampler is coming along beautifully. The banana bread looks scrumptious!

    And yay for clear desks and counters! Wish I could say mine looked like that. Diligence is my word for 2020 and it's pretty obvious I need it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. When you catch up you really do catch up! Here in the Northeast it's deep winter, and just thinking about camellias in bloom is like a dream.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beloved and I had lunch at Chickfila one day this week. I believe I recognize what Tucker had to eat because we had the same thing -- the wonderful Macaroni and Cheese! Soo good! Looks like Tucker thought the same thing! He is so very cute.

    Thanks for sharing your deck area and giving us some descriptions of how you do things. We all can learn so much from each other when we talk about the ordinary things.

    The flowers are gorgeous but I'm done with bringing nature inside. This past week we had to deal with not one but TWO geckos inside our house -- and at that, one of them was all the way upstairs in my sewing room! We really don't know how he got all the way up there, but I know they have their secret passages, somewhere. Of the two, one survived the trip back outdoors and the other did not. Sorry 'bout that. But we did our best to be kind to our bug-eaters!!!

    Your stitching is beautiful. The Mockingbird is a real work of art.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your sampler is looking incredible, Sandy. I enjoyed seeing more shots of the Mockingbird. Tucker is a cutie and it looked like he enjoyed the mac 'n cheese. It sounds (and looked) like you are keeping up with the decluttering and keeping flat surfaces free. Good for you! Would you come here and teach that to my husband? The flowers are very pretty! Carnations do the same thing for me as roses do to you! Enjoy your weekend1

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sandy: That Tucker is so adorable, those eyes are stunning, I can see why you like to spend your day with him, he is a hoot.
    I love being organized, it feels so good.
    The Sampler is beautiful, I found that photos on the net did not give mine the beauty it deserved.
    I can see why you like reading your Bible in that spot the look out doors is so pretty, God is a true artist with color plants and so many more things.
    I love the Mocking bird design, the frame is perfect.

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your Tucker is adorable. And I am envious of your gift wrapping station, very organized.
    Amalia
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. You have a couple of beautiful work spaces, Sandy. I love these glimpses inside your home. I feel like an invited guest. :) The Camellia's are pretty, as are the white roses. So big and wonderful! And nope! I don't think it's possible for Tucker to be any cuter. What a doll. The Mockingbird is as pretty as ever. I hope to someday graduate to making one myself. Or maybe one of the other comparably complicated bird patterns from the same designer. I hope you have a great week, Sandy.

    ReplyDelete

I am so glad you stopped by my little blog. Drop in again anytime.
Sincerely,
Sandy