Wednesday, January 1, 2020

Some Stitching and Trip to Auburn Recap

Our visit to Auburn proved to be quite restful. I did do quite a bit of visiting with friends old and new, but I also got in some stitching time. I was so ready to work with my needle. 

I worked the first part of the time on the family registry. The colors are quite muted so they don't photograph well, but in person they are just perfect for this sampler.




A closeup up.




Because of the darker linen and colors I couldn't stitch very well one of the nights so I started Tucker's name. 


I am not quite finished with the first letter I started. I have outlining to do on the U and a doggie to do on the top of the U. This is the only letter in which I am following the book's pattern. 

I will personalize the doggie to look like their dog.

This book is an oldie but goodie. I did Lindsay's name way back in time. I never did Paul Allen's mostly due to the length of his name. He got lots of other things done for him.

Many friends ---Mary of Stitching Friends and Arlene from Nanaland sent patterns with beach things so I have penciled out a plan for the name. The only letter I haven't nailed down is T; hence the start with the letter U. I do think I have an idea but want to get into it a bit before I decide.



Now onto the rest of the trip. 
Tamyra of Positively Southern came over to visit one day. I have been telling her since we moved into the Auburn house a year and half ago I would have her over to see the house and the wonderful little neighborhood it is in, but I have always a crew with me. Since it was just Jeff, me and the dogs, I texted her on the way up and invited her over. 

We met in person at the Sweet Home Antiques tent sale. Tamyra does the social media side of the things for them. It was fun to have her over and spend some time visiting. We plan to do this more often and I will go and visit her lovely home that is full of gorgeous antiques.... a mutual like.

No pics this time.

Jeff and I also stopped at a park that we have driven by hundreds of time. IT is just as you come into the outskirts of Auburn from the old cabin at Lake Martin. We also drove out to see the cabin for the first time since we sold it. It looked just the same, but lots of new construction out that way going in.



Anyway, the park is one I will visit again for walks. IT has a 1 mile, 2 mile, and 5 K loop and was extremely nice. The front side has lots of areas for education. I am sure they do field trips for kids. 


...and trails behind.





We made a pot of soup for one of the days and had our very good friends over who have a house on the same street. Jeff and Jeff have been friends since jr. high school. Then the next day they made chili and had us over. 

Other than those activities, we had some downtime at home and it was very nice. 

We were in bed by 10:00 and heard very little fireworks like at home. We got up early this morning and drove home. No traffic hardly at all. We were trying to get home before the noon kickoff of Auburn's bowl game. We good have foregone that since they played horribly!

Oh well, onto basketball season now.

Mother, Lindsay, and I are going to Monroeville tomorrow to visit with my aunt and check on the cemeteries. 

I can't really dig into all my New Year's plans until Hubby goes back to work:)

2020 is here....I wish my 20/20 vision was still here. Getting old dims the old eyes.
Sandy

A little Gus and Lemony next time.


9 comments:

  1. After getting lost for a bit on Tamyra's blog I made my way back here to enjoy your recap of your recent trip to Auburn. That letter U is adorable. I look forward to seeing what you create with the other letters of Tucker's name. I'm impressed just reading your plans. What a gorgeous day for a walk. We're having a little stretch of unseasonably warm weather here, but it's pretty wet and muddy out for hiking. You sure make me want to get out in the great outdoors, though! Happy New Year, Sandy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you've begun the new decade in the most positive way....rest and friends!!
    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gus looks quite content! Sounds like you have had a wonderful week or so! I always enjoy seeing your stitching projects! It is great meeting up with blogging friends!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, Sandy! What a gorgeous park. Getting out and exercising is so much more fun with nature’s eye candy. The U in Tucker is super cute! When he is older it will mean so much to him knowing that you put so much thought into making it one-of-a-kind for him.

    How fun to have friends close by to share time with. At this point in our lives, most of our friends are busy like us with kids and work, and it’s hard to find time to spend together. I love it when the stars align and we can spend a cabin weekend or better yet, an Oregon Coast vacation with our best friends.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful stitching progress.
    Happy New Year to you and your family.
    Manuela

    ReplyDelete
  6. Don't all we cross stitchers wish we had our 20/20 vision?!!! #thankfulforOttlights

    LOVE the pattern you're using for Tucker's name!!! Sooo cute!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It sounded like you had a peaceful and productive weekend. What a beautiful place to walk or just sit and be still! Glad you were able to get together with old and new friends. The 'U' for Tucker is looking good. Nice shot of Gus!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sandy: I thought the same thing about the threads and fabric, in person it is beautiful.
    It is always nice to meet new friends and get together.
    I love walking in parks, we have many in Wright County which I live in.
    You look so cute on that rock.
    I am looking forward to seeing Tuckers name finished.

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love seeing the Auburn area. I wish my vision was back to 20/20, but my prayer is with vitamins, spinach and my wonderful retinologist it stays the same. Wishes for the new year!


    ReplyDelete

I am so glad you stopped by my little blog. Drop in again anytime.
Sincerely,
Sandy