Thursday, March 26, 2020

Bring Back Normal

First, let me just say I am a terrible blogger friend. I am popping in and reading all my favorite blogs but I am not always commenting or replying to my own commenters. I am chalking it up to having Jeff home, Tucker here, and mostly my mindset. I am trying to keep the sanity and like most of you there are good days and bad and the good means a lot more tuning out which isn't exactly the best thing either.

So let's move onto other things.


I probably wouldn't have posted until I had a finish on my bunny stitch, but with the quarantine I am not going to finish it fully for awhile.

You see it needs a little something else in the corner, but....




after many attempts to put a bow there that just didn't go, I tried a yo yo, covered buttons, buttons from my stash, etc. Nothing seemed quite right, but what I think will look good and Hubby agrees is a sunflower button. The little bunny has a sunflower on her headband. I think less is best in this case. Sorry for the dark photo, but it was getting late when I took the picture. It will have to wait awhile because I am not about to go anywhere right now.

Here is a close up of the cording which I tried again to mix colors. I had done this once before when I made the Auburn Santa. I saw it on Flosstube the other day. I might have tried to many colors to mix, but it looks ok. I just didn't think I could choose red or blue.


My week is definitely off having Jeff home. I won't go into detail about his time here, but basically he is choosing to work from home to make sure I am not exposed to the many people who vacationed for spring break. Spring break then turned into this stay at home and schools going online. He is very busy doing conference calls and all of it makes me a bit nervous.

When he is not on the phone ---he is constantly moving. He can't sit still for 2 seconds. I have no idea how he will ever be retired.



Above is the only picture I had of leaves on the ground, but it is live oak leaf drop season. Every March they drop their leaves and the ground, drive, roads are covered!!!!!!!!!!!! I mean full cover in the circle and the road coming into our house. Today seemed to be the day that everyone decided they might be getting close to being all down and all came out to mow, blow, and bag.

And like a rite of passage, April will bring the little wormy things that fall off them before the new leaves appear. You can bet your bottom dollar that it will happen in April and that rain will come before you can get all of those up and make a big mess.

Other than that, they are the most gorgeous of trees.

Jeff has been working, then he does yard work and in between all of that he has been working on redoing some of the kitchen cabinets. He started this project a year ago. He would restain a door or drawer every now and then. Now, he is down to one set to do. I am glad for that, so I guess if this goes on much longer, I will get a lot of honey dos done.



I mentioned a while back that I changed planners this year. It is one of the few things I still splurge on post retirement. I went with a new one for several reasons, some of which was I wanted something smaller, but still big enough for what I was used to doing with it, they were designed by a local girl (well, Pensacola), and they were just so pretty.

Here is a picture of it followed by this week vs a week back in February when I just wanted a day where I didn't have to go somewhere. Seems I go my wish...


THIS week...

This is called staying home and can't concentrate on anything!
 vs...real life...
This is normal.

A monthly view for those who like planners.


Well folks, I am ready for normal. 
Kristan, my niece is beginning to sweat over home schooling. She texted the other night that she wasn't cut out for it and I had to chuckle because she is right, however, she will get it done. BUT, what about all those that won't get it done. The teacher in me takes on too many worries.

There are too many worries with this. I am trying so hard not to think of all of them. I really thought I had given up being such a worrier. I realize I have not. 

I know God has this, but turning my mind off has proven to be a bit harder than I like.





13 comments:

  1. Love the little rabbit Sandy he is so cute .
    We are now in a good routine now my Hubby is staying home , it takes a few weeks to sort it out .
    Sit at the weekend and plan out your week . We are getting loads done and it takes your mind away from things . I even have an hour each afternoon to stitch. take care and stay safe .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sandy: A good teacher would worry in this sad time, you are a good retired teacher, I have many friends who home school, with the Government saying we need to stay home it is easy for them to keep teaching, however my niece is having a horrible time with her children home, they want to play not study, oh well at least there is a light at the end of the tunnel.
    I totally love the bunny design, I think a sunflower button would be perfect for the corner of that finish.
    Cute photo of Tucker and Jeff.
    Stay Healthy

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sandy, Even though I am retired I had an active routine of activities and my calendar was always full. You would think I would put this free time to better use but I feel like life is at a standstill. I am getting more stitching done though and I'm trying to find a new routine. We will adjust...
    I think your little bunny is just darling and yes, I agree, a sunflower button will be the perfect addition. Jeff's little helper is so cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sandy, I really enjoyed reading your blog today and thank you for sharing. Really we are all in the same boat you are, but we will get through... There are quite a few folks on Instagram that are reading Psalm 91 daily. We all love you keep blogging, it gives me something to look forward to in the mornings. My heart & prayers are with you and yours today...Sincerely, Georgia

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your bunny finish is darling. I love the picture of Jeff in the distance and Tucker in the front with the brush. Thank you for sharing the inside of your planner! Sandy, we will get through this and I believe come out stronger in our faith. Enjoy your day and have a restful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The bunny is cute and I like the idea of a sunflower anything. Many of my friends are telling me about the troubles their kids are having with the homeschooling thing. One positive may come of this...perhaps people will have more respect for teachers. My hubby's been working at home for 2 wks, our state has a mandate. But, even before the mandate stay at home...his office shut down and got folks lined up to work from home. Being an accountant he's used to sitting still, so that part isn't a problem. But, he's set up in the basement (with 2 laptops and 2 large monitors), needed more space then our spare room provides...right next to laundry area. I'm trying to do laundry when he's not on a conference call etc. He's past retirement age, but isn't ready for retirement and having him during the day is odd for me. I think when that happens, we will have some adjusting to do. Stay well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think the bunny looks so cute as it. It would be pretty tied to a basket!! Welcome to a preview of retirement. Fortunately Marvin is a slug like me so we get along ok. He goes for a long walk each morning since the gym is closed. We take a walk after supper as well. Kendall said Cool when she found out schools were closed, Landon said he will miss his friends. Frankly they do not do a lot here in April and May anyway. April is testing. And in May they usually turn in their books the first week and very little learning seems to be done so hoping they do not get behind because of this. Katy will probably have to quit her part time job to be home with hers. It is sad for parents who have no grandparents or child care. I am ready for a return to normal as well. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The bunny stitch finish looks great, Sandy. You can always add something to the bare area later, after you've had more time to ponder. My problem is that I am so ready to be done with a project that my final product isn't as cool as it could be had I thought about it more.

    Thanks for the education about the life cycle of oak leaves. I've not understood why these trees lose their leaves some 6 months later than most trees. We like to say the new leaves push the old ones out.

    Your planner. I call mine my "Daytimer". Like yours, mine doesn't have as much on it right now. I'm loving it. I'll be very reluctant to get back to normal (that's bad of me, I know).

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your bunny is so cute! I think a sunflower button might be just what you need for that corner. Instead of going out, search Etsy or (of course) Amazon. I have been sitting here ordering most things we need rather than putting extras on my shopping list for the grocery. Anyway... the bunny is so cute! It is easy to worry over so many things, especially when we aren't physically engaged in our usual endeavors. I am concentrating on just Joe and me. God is in control!! Your are right about that!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The bunny is adorable. And I agree -- a sunflower would look pretty perfect with it. This week has so far been the strangest. Actually, some purposeful things presented themselves, but then there was a low one night when I felt overwhelmed by the world. The the sun shone the next day and the weight I had felt the night before felt a little lighter. It's not worry I wrestle with so much as a sadness, I'm finding. Just found out tonight our church is going to start taking meals to the COVID response team at our local hospital. Have no idea if we'll be actively or tangentially involved, but I'm hoping for the former - to some degree. It would feel so good to do something tangible for those who are working so hard. Service is my personal antidote to sadness.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I meant I felt overwhelmed for the world (in this crisis). But more accurately, the feeling was a sadness for the world, for all the suffering, for the physical and emotional fatigue for all the health workers...

      Delete
  11. I like the sunflower idea too...Your bunny is so cute, and I like the trim. Yes, we have those oak leaves falling as well, and it is overwhelming. Not sure when they will stop...every time we think they are done, more come down. But yes, we love the shade, so don't want to get rid of the trees. I like your planner, but I guess since I retired I have avoided having one of those. I do have a wall calendar where I write appointments down, but other than that, I prefer to stay more "unplanned". Planners cause me to stress out just thinking about them. LOL. But I am happy you enjoy yours. Everyone is different. When I worked as a church director of finance (which covered just about everything except the preaching), my job was so filled with deadlines and business and drama that I really needed to retreat from all of that when I retired. Now we keep life pretty simple, as much as possible. However, I probably would accomplish a lot more if I used a planner. I just forget to look at it when I do have one. LOL. I'm hopeless. Loved your post and enjoyed reading it. Just try to take one day at a time and enjoy each to the fullest. That's my prescription. God is good, and He will guide us each step of the way when we choose to follow Him.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your bunny finish is darling, Sandy--great job on the two colored cording, too. Like you, I have not been good at all at replying to comments on my blog posts. I'm still commenting, but can't seem to settle enough to reply. I hope that changes. Right now I feel as I am just in "waiting" mode constantly and I hate it. My husband and I have survived the first two weeks of him working from home--we've done pretty well, but there are moments! A preview of his probably retirement later this year, although, hopefully, by then he'll be able to get out and bike and garden again.

    My sister is doing on-line teaching with her inner-city Boston students (high school English). She said it is extremely challenging as some are watching younger siblings or caring for older adults and no one can focus. I feel that it might be better to just shutter all the schools until the fall... Very sad for her as she is retiring--this was to be her last year! Now, she's re-thinking that.

    Take care now ♥

    ReplyDelete

I am so glad you stopped by my little blog. Drop in again anytime.
Sincerely,
Sandy