Summer is ticking off quickly. I will say it again...I am loving it! I think the past few have robbed me of the down time I needed so I am enjoying this one. There is a disturbance out in the Gulf right now. I hope it decides to fizzle out and disappoint all the weather personalities.
I am going to make this a quick post with not a lot of details, but just record a few things. Hopefully, I will be back for more a newsy one with thoughts again.
I finished the bunny. "Maggie Mae" by Stacy Nash. I used 28 count linen which made it larger than the pattern called for. I think I would not do that again. I think they are meant to be smaller.
I think Aida would be a good choice too since they are full coverage. Just get you some 18 or 20 count and stitch away.
I pulled out the cabbage plate to display her for a photo. Currently though she is just sitting in my sewing room.
A grouping of them would be cute. I purchased the goose, but I am not planning to stitch it anytime too soon.
This week's children's activities included a park visit and a gym visit. One of the gymnastics gyms in town has an open gym for an hour and a half for preschoolers. Tucker was gone to baseball camp so Katie and I took the other 3 to gymnastics. It seemed to be a hit. Everyone entertained themselves with all the equipment. Valerie saw the boys turning flips so she found a bar she could hang from.
Valerie is the most chilled child. She is so easily entertained and handles those 3 boys well.
Tucker's baseball camp was a dud. Not at all what Lindsay thought. No go for that one next year. I think he liked the golf camp last year much better even though was so hot. He has one more thing this summer and I think that is fine. Not everything has to be scheduled.
The family made it to the Blue Angels home show on Saturday. There were tired children and some tired old folks too. We had a lot of fun. I realized it had been since 2022 that we had gone. '23 was the year Mama fell and I spent the summer getting her back on her feet and the last 2 have been tough years for Jeff. A diagnosis for Parkinson on one and bladder cancer the other, but hey- this summer is giving us a break. I am going to pass on all the pictures from the day except this one of Valerie taking her nap.
The bean bag has been a wonderful thing for boat rides. All four grandchildren have been on a boat since infancy and they love it. Miles was seeing the Blues for the first time and he loved them. I worried he would think they were too loud, but he didn't flinch.
The F-35's here at Eglin fly over our house 3 times a day. At 11:00ish they fly directly over. Yes, it is loud. The other 2 times they are a little left and right of our house, so people around here are used to the noise. I thought she might sleep through but she woke up in time to watch. Thankfully for me:) BECAUSE I love airplanes.
I will log off for this week and pray that the storm only produces rain but not too much and no wind. In fact, right outside our cul-de-sac is a tree that is leaning. It has not always been leaning. We have had a ton of rain lately and I think the tree is diseased. Jeff called the power company. They said they were putting a work order to get it down, but they have not arrived yet. Power lines will be down if it falls. I don't think it will take much wind. Things that make you go hmmmm.
Fortunately no houses will be in its path, just the road the power lines.







Sandy, I love all the photos you shared here! You and Jeff look great! I am glad you are getting to enjoy this summer!! That tree is ready to come down! I sure hope they get it before it causes outages and/or damage to a car driving by! Keep us posted! xo
ReplyDeleteWell, they got the tree just before the winds arrived. I was quite shocked. Jeff did call again and actually got hold of a person to talk to so that helped. The winds were much higher than they said and the surge too. Everything is ok, but I had to dig some chairs out of the water this morning. Thankfully that is all. We should know better than to not prepare better as those things can turn very quickly. Lesson learned even for veterans of these things.
DeleteLove your Maggie Mae!! And how fun to see the Blue Angels!! Glad you and Jeff had a fun date night.
ReplyDeleteMaggie Mae is adorable, as are your grans. So nice to hear that you're enjoying the summer.
ReplyDeleteAmalia
xo
Wonderful photos! The kids all look so happy! The picture of you and Valerie in the boat is priceless. And you and Jeff look wonderful. That tree does look quite precarious. Praying it doesn't cause some damage. Praying the storm doesn't come too close to you. I was hoping we would get more rain out of it, but it appears to be going the opposite direction. Love the bunny rabbit. Do take care and try to relax and enjoy the rest of your summer days while you can!!
ReplyDeleteMaggie Mae is adorable. Glad you were able to see the Blue Angels. It looks like the kids had fun at the gym.
ReplyDeleteAww... your Maggie Mae finish is darling, Sandy. As are the photos of your grandkids. It truly sounds like a summer of family fun and relaxation and you so deserve it after the past few years. Hope you didn't sustain any storm damage. We are in great need of rain up this way--our lawns are browning out and it's only July! Guess we'll have to set up the sprinklers. Hope your summer continues to be filled with happy memory making days! ♥
ReplyDeleteWhat a nice summer and I love seeing your husband and you getting to do special things. It's been a hard time for him and I keep him in my prayers. Hope the weather improves this coming week. It has been odd and the heat is unrelenting! Hugs, Diane
ReplyDeleteI come from a professional aviation family (my father and one of my sons), so yes, I love to watch planes. I often pray for the occupants of planes as they fly over head, asking that they have a safe, enjoyable trip as they reach their destination and that the Lord would lead them in paths of righteousness.
ReplyDeleteThe selfie of you and Jeff in the car is good. I'm glad to see he is still able to drive.
And P.S. I like the display of the bunny stitch in front of the cabbage plate. That is clever!!
ReplyDeleteA very cute bunny! And she looks sweet in front of the cabbage (plate)! Your girly taking her nap on the boat. A true picture of the good life!:) And you guys nailed the selfie there! Good job:)
ReplyDelete