Monday, January 5, 2015

Organizing and Goals Accountability

I didn't have to get up and go to work this morning, so it feels like August all over again! I could get used to this retirement thing. I felt so sorry for my hubby. I am going to have a good hot supper tonight for that great man of mine.

The sun is shining this morning, so that makes the day even better. It has been so cloudy for the last week. I love that sunshine. It makes a cold day tolerable, not that we have too many of those. 

I am up starting on some of the goals I set for this year.

I shared last week that I was using my Erin Condren life planner for the 4th year in a row to keep me organized. I am using it more this year like the school teacher in me. Let me share what I mean. In the back of planner, I always had a going forward plan such as how many chapters, objectives or standards I wanted to cover in a 9 week period. Just that visual reminder of what I had to accomplish. I Love checking things off. In the back of my calendar this year, I have a list of goals for myself and a project list that can grow.



I am hoping this visual reminder will keep me cued in on the things I have chosen to focus on.


I have decided to put specific projects on a list to keep me focused as well. I tend to get distracted and not ever really finish things. Maybe this will help.
Stay tuned to see if it does.

One of the things that I have always done is read my Bible. I always feel my day goes better if I stop in the morning and tune into Him before I hit the work day. When I was teaching that was usually a quick devotional, but it was simply amazing how often that devotional was what I needed that day. The Holy Spirit is just incredible that way. Simply mind boggling! Anyway, I am determined to read the Bible through and through now that I have more time to devote. Not so much a hit or miss, but a fixed plan to read. I started this in the middle of the year, so I am hoping to finish this goal by June. 

I started out with one I downloaded that had you read Old and New Testament every day with a Psalm and two Proverbs. I loved reading Proverbs that way. Just two simple thoughts to mull over!!! Well, I was reading something from Proverbs 31 Ministries about reading the Bible chronologically, so I have merged my two plans to finish the Bible out. I am loving the chronological study. Oh my word, it is great.


Another goal I am really working on is getting my house in order. I have worked somewhat on my cleaning schedule since September and it is semi working, so I will keep that. I have a daily list and a weekly list to use as my visual. I am such a visual person.


I tried the wash day, because I really don't like washing clothes for some reason, but that didn't work out, so I am finding that I am doing much better with a load or two a day. Start to finish.


For the decluttering and organizing that I so WANT to accomplish this year, I am joining the A Bowl Full of Lemons weekly challenge.
I have somewhat used it while I was working, but no time for all of it, so I am going to try and stay on her schedule this year.

SO HOPING IT WORKS!

Anyway, over the weekend, I decided to tackle some closets that I have that weren't on her list. They were smaller projects, so I figured that would be a bit manageable in between weekend activities. 

I finished up my indoor closet for Christmas decorations. This closet houses all indoor decorations with the exception of the tree. In the top, I also have some memorabilia boxes.


Then, I tackled the under the stairs closet where we house memorabilia. More on this for a later post. I am sentimental to a fault, but I will share more on that later in the week.


And finally, I cleaned out a closet that houses pictures of my husband's family. The closet had not been touched really since we moved in 2002. I hate to admit that, but I always felt it was a bit of a daunting task, so I just left it. I sorted and made my way through all of yesterday. I know what is in there now and will do more to it later, but for now, I at least know what is in there. Found some treasures too. I will share later.


One more page from my calendar/life planner.


I am using the left side of the week to keep my visual cues of goals for that week and at the bottom I am giving myself stars when I exercise! I have decided to try bike riding more for my joints. I have RA and it stinks big time. I made it 4 of the last 5 days. 

Hoping for a bit more of a planned day and things accomplished.

Well, I am off to take care of Monday's cleaning and then start on the organizing the kitchen challenge from ABFOL.

Looking forward to the day,
Sandy







No comments:

Post a Comment

I am so glad you stopped by my little blog. Drop in again anytime.
Sincerely,
Sandy