Tuesday, September 15, 2015

A Sneak Peek at What I Have Been Up to Downstairs

I have been working feverishly when I can spare a few moments downstairs. I will share it with you later. The downstairs is almost like its own apartment. It is where my son has resided since 2002 except for the first year of college where we quickly learned he would be home because ---he was not ready for the big world.

It has been a teen boy's domain for a very long time. I literally can not tell you how many boys have slept on the sofa or on air mattresses. It has been the place where countless youth from our church have hung out. Oh my!!!

We never called it a play room as the kids were in middle school when we moved here. It just became downstairs.

I am giving a sneak peek at the cleaning up of the bedroom. I have a ton of touch up painting to do. Any mom of boys whose house WAS the hangout knows what I am talking about. 

Paul Allen took some of the things from his gallery wall with him, so I have had to fill it in with some other items. I am not sure about it yet, but it will do for now. He also took his comforter. I ordered something new for it. I had put the old one from Lindsay's room in there, but ...

I just couldn't do it. It was all wrong. It is his room, so it should have a boy look to it. I got on Amazon and found something for a reasonable price. I think it was worth it.


You can see below that I just had to do something masculine.


This was just not going to work for his room.

I will share more later.

For now, I am about to make a banana pudding (the real kind) to take to the church staff and do my Tuesday duties down there.

Sandy


2 comments:

  1. What a lovely boy room...and so clean that you know the boy is not in residence.lol. It is fun to touch up areas in our homes isn't it? And BANANA puddin!! One of the favorite desserts of two of my men. They could eat a tub full of it!! Thanks for your comment today on my post. One day we will have to meet in person and I think we could spend all day just talking!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How I feel your pain (and joy) and being the "boy house." Love the plaid comforter and can't wait to see the rest!

    ReplyDelete

I am so glad you stopped by my little blog. Drop in again anytime.
Sincerely,
Sandy