Monday, November 11, 2019

A Mockingbird Stitch

I became a little obsessed the last few days with finishing the bird. I guess when you get so close you just can't stand it. I stitched a lot today and it is all done.


I loved the eye. The beak not as much, but loved the eye.


I enjoyed this stitch so much. I want to do another, but for now I have a turkey, some Christmas, and Tucker's name to stitch.

I also fully finished my Christmas carols. I can't wait to share, but I am waiting until I can put them in the basket with Christmas greenery rather than fall leaves.
I think I might have shared a picture at one point with some rick rack. Well, I didn't finish them with that. I ended up going with the simple finish that had drawn me to the patterns to begin with. With the green they looked better with the simple finish. I think it I had chosen a different green or red they might have had a more playful look. 

Anyway, I can't wait to share them because I love them. IT is rare for me to say that about my finishing skills. In fact, they are far from perfect, yet I love them.
Stay tuned.



12 comments:

  1. Your mockingbird is BEAUTIFUL!! The eye is amazing and you did a great job getting that beak pointed like that!! Whoohooo!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fabulous job on the mockingbird, Sandy! Terri is so right ... the eye and beak are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's gorgeous, Sandy. The eye is wonderful! So glad you took a closeup. I've also got to say that I love the beak too. What a beautiful finished piece. I like it so much I googled the pattern and found the original designer's website. They have lots of beautiful bird designs, but I don't know if they're still in business. I'm not holding out a lot of hope, but I e-mailed them to find out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I heard back today. They are most definitely still in business. I'm going to spend some more time perusing their patterns before calling in an order. They are beautiful!

      Delete
  4. Cant wait to see all your craftiness!! I am going out on a limb and leaving my stitching here while we go to the wedding. I want to enjoy Margaret.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The mockingbird looks great. Wonderful finish.
    Have a nice day. Manuela

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sandy, your mockingbird finish is so beautiful. It looks so life-like and am drawn to his eye. Looking forward to seeing your cards! Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sandy: This is beautiful, I do like the eye but also the beak, your stitching is perfect.
    I look forward to seeing the Christmas carols in the basket.

    Happy Thanksgiving
    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  8. The Mockingbird turned out so well! It's classy!

    The stitching for the eye is very interesting, square-shaped. That sounds odd but it looks really great!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your bird is fantastic, Sandy--I don't mind his beak at all and I do love the square eye! I'm so looking forward to your Christmas Carol finishes. I plan on starting them in the new year when things slow down a bit. Enjoy your evening ♥

    ReplyDelete

I am so glad you stopped by my little blog. Drop in again anytime.
Sincerely,
Sandy