Monday, September 1, 2014

Thirtieth Anniversary

Hubby and I celebrated our thirtieth anniversary today. I am a very blessed woman. 
We decided on our first anniversary that due to the amount of birthdays in our anniversary month that we would always keep gifts very simple. However, I married one of the best gift givers in the entire world. He always comes up with the most unique and thoughtful gifts. I learned early on that I would never be able to outdo him on this one. I gave up trying. I just truly try to let him know that I consider myself very lucky to have him.

Our first anniversary he gave me this porcelain dog.


I have loved Springer Spaniels since I started first grade and first saw "Spot" in the basal readers. Remember Dick and Jane.

Shortly after we were married, we got our first Springer Spaniel. The smartest and most gorgeous Springer ever:) We named her Sally. She was Queen at our house.

I loved my first anniversary gift. It sits on my dresser today.

Over the years, the gifts have been small and large and always wonderful. On our 25th anniversary, he planned a trip to Houston to Johnson Space Center. I am a complete space nerd and believe it or not, I had never been to Johnson. Houston, yes, but not JSC. Not only did he surprise me with the trip, but what they call a Level 9 tour. Then, we spent a day wandering around Galveston. We had a fun trip for sure. We also made it to New Orleans a few years ago to tour the D-Day Museum which was something both of us wanted to do. 

This year has been so busy that we decided neither wanted to go anywhere even though it was a big number. We just wanted simple and quiet. We would do something later. Both agreed to no gift.

He could not completely stick to that one.

A letter this morning to wake up to.



30 things he loves about me. You can't beat that!!! 

Some silly, some more serious, but scary how well he knows me.

We have seen a lot of our friends' marriages fall apart this past year. I love this man more every day. Thankful for our marriage.

It doesn't have to be all bells and whistles. Sometimes just a quiet and simple day is good. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am so glad you stopped by my little blog. Drop in again anytime.
Sincerely,
Sandy