Thursday, April 11, 2019

Tis so Sweet

I was giving my little hunk of love a bottle the other day. I love how contented he can look when getting his bottle. He is completely at rest in his Grammie's arms; eyes close after a bit and just pure enjoyment at getting a bottle and being in my arms.

My mind wandered to how I love that look and that my Heavenly Father loves that look from me too. 

Do I give Him that look often enough? He certainly deserves it. He loves and provides for me far more than I deserve.

If I am honest, I probably don't give Him the looks of contentment nearly enough. I have found Him to be completely faithful, yet, I worry and fret rather than resting in His loving arms.

This hymn came to mind as I sat there...


  1. ’Tis so sweet to trust in Jesus,
    Just to take Him at His Word;
    Just to rest upon His promise,
    And to know, “Thus saith the Lord!”
    • Refrain:
      Jesus, Jesus, how I trust Him!
      How I’ve proved Him o’er and o’er;
      Jesus, Jesus, precious Jesus!
      Oh, for grace to trust Him more!
  2. Oh, how sweet to trust in Jesus,
    Just to trust His cleansing blood;
    And in simple faith to plunge me
    ’Neath the healing, cleansing flood!
  3. Yes, ’tis sweet to trust in Jesus,
    Just from sin and self to cease;
    Just from Jesus simply taking
    Life and rest, and joy and peace.
  4. I’m so glad I learned to trust Thee,
    Precious Jesus, Savior, Friend;
    And I know that Thou art with me,
    Wilt be with me to the end.



Great words indeed...
So grateful for the little church that taught me all those hymns in my childhood. They still go with me today.




14 comments:

  1. Great thoughts to live by. I love your little church. RJ

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful analogy, Sandy. Thanks so much for sharing this lovely and inspiring thought.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Mrs. T, your comment is not showing up in my email, so I think Blogger is doing weird things again. I have had that happen a good bit lately...
      Just wanted you to know if you stopped back by.

      Delete
  3. There is a lot of theology in those old hymns!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Arlene, your comments are not showing up in my email. I think Blogger is doing weird things again:)

      Delete
  4. What a beautifully written and thought provoking post Sandy. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sandy: It is so true God our Lord is so patient with us and so forgiving when we ask and really ask from our hearts.
    I love the song I have never heard this one it is lovely.
    Tucker is so lucky to have you.

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the picture of your church! I love the hymns from childhood and thank you for sharing this one, Sandy! Enjoy your Friday and weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those little white churches with the steeples are where many of us first learned about Jesus and sang those old hymns. Blessed!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful post, Sandy! The word picture of Tucker getting his bottle while in your arms is a wonderful illustration of God's care for us.

    Tis so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sigh....you’ve put me at peace tonite reading this.
    Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sandy, oh what a precious post! I love the look that babies give you. So trusting and filled with love.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Gina. Your comment didn't show up in my email along with about 10 others. I hope you know I am replying.

      Delete
  11. Oh, I remember loving that look, too as I nursed my sons, Sandy. One of my most pleasant memories of motherhood :) A lovely post to read this morning and think about! Hope you have a relaxing weekend! ♥

    ReplyDelete

I am so glad you stopped by my little blog. Drop in again anytime.
Sincerely,
Sandy