Wednesday, November 30, 2022

November Recap Part 1

 Where to begin? 

I think I will do a 2 part post and kinda go in backwards order for the month. 

I needed the month off from blogging not only for just quieting the world around me, but to get a handle on the busy and how to handle the busy. Sometimes I feel like I have a full time job again. This one though doesn't not have an order or structure. Things I crave. I don't think it is going to change much, so I needed to rest my mind of anything other than the most important things right in front of me.

I have had 2 plumber days at Mom's in the past 2 weeks just to give you an example of my days. The last 2 Mondays she called around 8 AM to tell me her kitchen sink was clogged. The first one Jeff was off from work thankfully for help. We got a plumber out there and got her a new garbage disposal. We thought all was well. Two days ago, she called again, but this time water had run out of the water hookup for her washer. Water was everywhere. The kitchen sink had gross water coming back up in it. 

I told her what to start doing, 

called the plumber, 

grabbed Palmer.

 and jumped in the truck to head over. 

Even Palmer took one look and knew all was not good. I grabbed towels and mops and proceeded to work on the floor. 

You see when I tell y'all I have no time to blog it seems to be really true. I am just taking care of a lot of people and time is a real prized commodity.

Taking the month off and only concentrating on the important did give me a much better attitude to deal with life's interruptions. 

The only other not so pretty thing to share with y'all is my sinus update. It just so happened Jeff went with me to the appointment after my month long antibiotic regimen. That was a good thing because when he told me I have 3 different kinds of bacteria in there and one was resistant to bacteria and then showed me the scan picture they took after said month long antibiotic ---well, let's just say all my bravado of "I'm not going to have surgery...no way!" disappeared quite quickly and tears filled  my eyes and I couldn't ask questions. Jeff had to do all the talking. My entire side of my head is one big infection blob. I don't have a date yet, because they are so booked up. I am calling a lot to keep my name on their minds:)

So for now Lindsay and I are both on a surgery list and will take the first appointment offered.

Let's change the subject. 

Thanksgiving morning I walked out on the deck and looked down to the lower deck and saw these amazing roses. I have been so busy and it had rained enough that I had not gone down to check on anything. These three babies were smiling up at me.


I quickly grabbed my snips and headed down to bring them up. More about them later.

Let's talk gardening. I usually plant my pansies around mid October. I use holidays and dates such as that as markers for gardening things. By Tucker's birthday, pansies are here and need to be in their pots. This year there were no pansies to be found anywhere. After a couple of weeks of searching, it dawned on me that they must have been messed up down in south Florida from that old Ian. Remember, we call them by their ugly old names when they have been bad.

Finally at the end of the month a few started trickling in. Not many colors, so rather than the white that I love, I went with an orange. (I do love orange though) Not sure how they will look with Christmas, but just glad to have some. They are just now getting a little size on them and starting to really bloom.


The white camellia bloomed right on key. This particular one is an early bloomer and usually comes right around Thanksgiving. This could be last year's picture. Like I said, right on time and oh so pretty and welcomed.


You will need to remember the camellia because, I bought me a new pretty for the house that has to do with them. Wait for Christmas pictures and I will show you.

Christmas decorating has begun and for the most part is up and just fluffing things as needed. I didn't get in a hurry which is how I like it. My tree is pretty and FRESH this year. We purchased from a different location and you can bend the stems and smell the freshness. The shape is so good, it possibly looks fake, but it is real.



The fern that holds the Christmas tree spot has been moved to the bedroom. This fern is simply amazing. It is lush and beautiful and old. I keep wondering how she does it. What is her secret to age? I think she loves her home. She has to go on vacation to the bedroom once a year for a month, but usually fares well.


The roses are still doing well and I cut 2 more to add to them. I tried for a dozen years to grow them in the front and all I got was black spot and no leaves on the poor plants by September from the heat and humidity. I gave up and threw one in a pot on the lower back deck and found the secret to roses in northwest Florida. Sea breezes and pots. Even though I am trying not to add to my large plant collection, you know I will just have to add to it. I am on the hunt for a pink one and maybe a white one next spring. I love cut roses like this about as good as anything you can think of.

Now, if we can just keep everyone well ---huge challenge. I have a post with family gatherings to do to sum up November. I am going to try real hard to get it out later today and posted tomorrow. I am going to close comments on this one and just allow comments on that one. You will get the while month in 2 posts. I am also going to try and pop in to all my people today during Palmer's nap later.

I will leave you with 2 grandchildren pictures for today..

Miles holding his ornament from me.


Palmer trying to be the baby again. He is talking- well mostly jibber, but talking. I think he has to do it here, because Tucker talks nonstop like his Mama at home. Lindsay texted us last night and said she needed to formally apologize for all her talking because 500 words a minute came out of Tucker's mouth. I just smiled.



Be back soon,
Sandy




No comments: