Monday, March 18, 2024

Spring Break

 My weekly post is late this week. I was trying for Thursdays, but schedules don't seem to work as well anymore for this schedule loving girl. There were some sick kids and spring break daycare closures that threw my schedule up into the air. I am grateful to help out the kids though.

March is being temperamental as always, but the cloudy rainy weather is still hanging on unfortunately.  I am hoping April Showers is really March Showers and May Flowers will really be April Flowers. 

In the meantime, we will enjoy the show of azaleas that are in full bloom all along the roads of the Deep South. 

I will type and share some of the ones I have captured in my own yard and down the street.


Jeff and I have been old people hobbling along this past week. I pulled a muscle most likely from lifting boys and Jeff has a pinched nerve that has been relentless. He will think it is about to let up and then he just stands up wrong and it starts all over. Mine is much better but he is still struggling. We have both been hunched over and slow walking all last week. It is a sight to behold. 


Palmer got a little sick and couldn't go to daycare for 2 days last week. He and Miles had a blast together. They really do seem to be fun for each other. Palmer felt bad but not really bad enough to play. He would be tired by the end of day. 
On one of the days while Miles was napping, Jeff took him to get Chik Fila and to a park to eat it. He asked a lot of questions and they drove around trying to let me rest while Miles was napping. That afternoon when Lindsay loaded Tucker and Palmer and headed for home, he told Tucker in a bragging manner that PaPa had taken him to Chik Fila for lunch. Lindsay said they hadn't really even gotten off my street. Little ones. OF course, Tucker was jealous.


Tucker got his chance though. Palmer made it back to daycare and Tucker's preschool was closed on Friday so we had him that day. I almost told Lindsay to let me have both of them. Miles was not with us that day as spring break started early for Katie on that Friday. We decided Tucker should have his own special day with Mimi and PaPa. He soaked it all up and got Chik Fila as well.


Jeff and I went to Auburn for the weekend. We did very little as both of us were hobbling, but peace and quiet were in order. I finished a very good book. I read a lot but don't mention the books unless they are worth the read by someone else. 

May years ago, I read The Three Miss Margarets by Louise Schaffer. I loved it and didn't know there was another book written about the trio. I found it at the library this month. It wasn't as good as the first but a fun read. It was called The Ladies of Garrison Gardens. Both are old books from almost 20 years ago.

The book that I loved was The Women by Kristin Hannah. The author has written many lately that have been coming up in feeds but I just hadn't read one. This one caught my eye because many were discussing it but mostly because it was about the nurses of The Vietnam War.  I really liked the book. I thought she captured the times well and after I read it I looked her up and she is 11 days younger than me. I thought to myself -well that is why she captured it well for ME anyway. 

I am still stitching away on my Ole Florida Sampler. I think I have about 1-2 weeks of stitching left. It is close. I have really enjoyed stitching it and I have enjoyed not switching up things too. I restarted this one in midNovember of '23 but didn't start exclusively stitching on it until the 1st of January.

The railing was built last week too. It looks amazing.


It will age in color pretty quickly. I told Jeff 9 years is a long time to make a decision. He didn't believe it had been 9 years, so I had to show him. He got quiet on that one. 

I will say no one has come along in our talks that could do it to this precision on the stone and tile, so the wait was worth it.


Jeff and I are headed out on one more excursion this week. I will share it next week. Praying he can enjoy it since it is too late to cancel it. We may just be sitting and staring at the bay that we are headed to or if we are lucky we can do a few visits to good eating places and a few antique stores. 

Plugging along in life, but I make a point each day to focus on the positive and the good things. It has truly helped my outlook!!!




11 comments:

  1. Sure hope you and Jeff are feeling much better soon. Sounded like a relaxing weekend away was in order! The railing looks great and the flowers are so beautiful! Everything is blooming out! We had a cold snap here last night, and although it's pretty outside, you can't enjoy it with such cool temperatures. Hopefully we will climb out by Wednesday! Glad y'all could enjoy the boys and their special excursions! Hope y'all enjoy your special excursion this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read so many books for review. Two best this year The Women and The Girls We Sent Away by Meghan Church. My daughter gets books from publishers and has over 8000 followers. I get them from publishers but on my iPad. We bought The Girls the day it came out anyway…amazing books…hope you and your husband get some time…you are amazing…Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  3. P.S. By the way, your blog and the one by Arlene were my two first blogs I think. I miss hers so much...she is a talented artist with her cross stitch...I miss yours when you can't blog, but your life is busy...take some time for YOU...know that those of us praying for you wish for you the best...the two books I wrote about--MY DAY...I grew up in the 60's...I am OLD...LOL...and these books resonated with me...check out my daughters NO BOOKEND IN SIGHT...and you will see (on Instagram) a short video of yours truly in my Hippie clothes...no makeup...I think I took my mask off...no contacts...just glasses...this is the way we roll here in Florida on the Gulf...Palm Harbor...love love your blog...love it...you are gifted in your cross stitch...like Arlene...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Brenda, I am always surprised anyone reads my blog but truly thanks. I don’t think I realized you lived in Florida. And yes, we need to bring back Arlene to the blog. I just went and looked up the Instagram account and followed. Found your picture 🧡

      Delete
    2. I was not up to par but told her she could use it…I live at the coast and do not dress up…retired teaching and gave up those closes…I moved here Mar 15 2021… brenda

      Delete
  4. The azaleas are so pretty, Sandy. Ours haven't started to bloom yet. Glad you were able to get away to Auburn. I look forward to reading about your next adventure. The railing looks incredible and I know you are pleased to have it in.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad yall got to go to Auburn! I had to laugh about Palmer telling Tucker he got Chick Fil A. So glad Tucker got his turn as well.:) We actually cleaned out our gargage and it looks so nice...for now.:) Off to watch Landon play soccer on Thursday. Hoping it is warmer by then!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am happy for this catch up post. Fun with the grands is always good. Hope you and Jeff are both healing and feeling better soon! Wishing you blessings! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sandy: So sorry to hear you both are having issues, a pinched nerve and pulled muscle are so painful, I hope you both heal quickly, Mike is dealing with a pulled muscle.
    The railing is beautiful, it is sometimes hard to find the perfect carpenter to do a great job.
    What fun for Tucker and Miles to have a special day with their grandparents, it put a big smile on my face.
    Love the floral photos, soon we will have blooming flowers.
    Thank-you for sharing the book titles, I belong to two book clubs will share with them.

    Catherine☘️

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, it's so nice to see your pretty spring flowers! Things are cold and gloomy up north--we even had snow this week and had to cover our daffodils and tulips to protect them from the frost. That is so nice that your sweet Tucker and Palmer each got their special time at Chick Fil A :) One of my favorite places to eat, too! Sure hope you and Jeff are feeling all better very soon. It's shocking how easy it is to pull a muscle or injure ourselves as we get older. Hope you enjoy your weekend, Sandy! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hope by now you both are on the mend. The azaleas are gorgeous, and your new railing looks great. This back view of your home is lovely, Sandy.

    ReplyDelete

I am so glad you stopped by my little blog. Drop in again anytime.
Sincerely,
Sandy